The era of FORMAL NIGHTS is fading rapidly...

Old October 9th, 2007, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Default The era of FORMAL NIGHTS is fading rapidly...

The cow and I love formal nights(but we are senors)
"Brian K" wrote in message
On 10/9/2007 10:15 AM LeeNY consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:
On Oct 8, 4:41 pm, (RICK DAVIS) wrote:

So far I've only read
one person say they enjoy it.

I don't think I voiced my opinion on this particular thread, but I
have on many others. I love formal nights - everyone looks great, the
atmosphere is festive, etc. So, count me as a vote on the side of
enjoying it!

But for the other more main stream lines let your
passengers be comfortable

I'm totally comfy in my formal wear. My formal outfits might well be
the most comfy outfits I wear during the cruise. Men can easily do
away with the tie, if that's the source of the discomfort - there are
shirts made to wear with tuxes or suits that don't require a tie. Not
being a man, I can't speak from experience, but I'm not sure what else
about wearing a tux or suit is really any different or more
uncomfortable than wearing any other button-down shirt with a pair of
pants and a sport coat.

Lee

Ladies, do you remember those constrictive girdles that went from thigh to
bra? Well, that's what a tux feels like for some men, hot and
restrictive. They don't call 'em monkey suits because they are the nth
degree of comfort.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera "Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once!"

Old October 9th, 2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ermalee[_2_]

Brian K wrote:
On 10/8/2007 9:57 PM Diana Ball consulted a Magic 8 Ball and declared:

So, what's YOUR take on why cruise lines continue to have Formal Night?

--Tom

Because men in tuxes are irresistibly sexy.
Diana

But a well built well endowed man out of a tuxedo in a leather jock
strap and obedience collar is beyond irresistibly sexy. He's the
ultimate fantasy. ;-)

Brian!!!

Ermalee ----throwing a wet noodle across the table at Brian (on formal
night) LOL
Old October 10th, 2007, 01:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"Boomer" wrote:

At the next captains party try requesting a glass of wine or bottle of beer
rather than one of the pre mixed drinks that have been sitting there for an
hour.

I did both on the last two RCCL (Legend and Voyager). It took a
little longer to get them, but they still came. About the same time we
finished the watered down rum punch they gave us.

Yup, we managed to get Strawberry Daiquiris and Pina Coladas at
the C&A Party on RCI last year. You just have to ask (and wait).

Bill
Old October 10th, 2007, 01:23 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

clint wrote:

Folks this is getting to be riatecious and BORING!

Isn't that something you take for ADD?

As for boring, no one asked you to post. In fact, many people
have asked you not to.
Old October 10th, 2007, 02:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Vengeful

Bill wrote:

clint wrote:
Folks this is getting to be riatecious and BORING!

Isn't that something you take for ADD?

As for boring, no one asked you to post. In fact, many people
have asked you not to.

"Clint" is actually 14 years old, studying to be a straight man
for the next Jack Benny. He appears on many newsgroups under
many names.
Old October 10th, 2007, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

Brian K wrote:

Ladies, do you remember those constrictive girdles that went from thigh
to bra? Well, that's what a tux feels like for some men, hot and
restrictive. They don't call 'em monkey suits because they are the nth
degree of comfort.

I don't think of monkeys as being hot and restrictive.

Anyway, I think the problem is that too many men buy a size or two too
small, or try to keep wearing one they bought 20 (or 50) pounds ago.

It's an ego thing.

Old October 10th, 2007, 04:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

sheree wrote:
all the law firms and banks around here in nj, the men wear suit and ties.

It depends on the industry you work in. For many years Kevin has been
wearing jeans or Dockers to work and that is what most of his male
coworkers ware. If he wore a tie and/or a suit to work, he would be the
butt of many jokes.

sue
Old October 10th, 2007, 04:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Charles wrote:
In article , Thumper
wrote:

I thought Charles just told us that he doesn't dress formally on
formal night.

I don't think you are reading the discussion. I do dress formal. In a
tux on formal night.

Yes and I have the pictures to prove that Charles does wear a tux.lol

sue
Old October 10th, 2007, 08:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Oct 9, 8:05 am, Lee wrote:
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:46:40 -0700, wrote:
maker for the Photos they sell. The photographers like the gift shop
folks are not employees of the cruise line but a vendor. The only
revenue the cruise lines see is their rental space lease price. So

Total crap.

--
- Lee

Lee, Please share as you obviously have more info. on this
subject.

Old October 10th, 2007, 08:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Oct 9, 10:01 am, Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 21:46:40 -0700, wrote:
Somebody posted earlier that Formal Night was a good revenue
maker for the Photos they sell. The photographers like the gift shop
folks are not employees of the cruise line but a vendor. The only
revenue the cruise lines see is their rental space lease price. So
there goes that idea.

Hi Everyone,

The above is not how the business works. The cruise lines do not
receive just a "rental space lease price". It is definitely in the
cruise lines best interest for the photography to sell lots of photos.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905http://www.lighthousetravel.com
--

Ray, I have no idea how the business arrangements are made and
what they