Gulf Air Help

Old October 29th, 2003, 10:25 PM
freeda

Default Gulf Air Help

Needed to return to Manila at short notice, Gulf air are the only airline
who gave me a good price... Heathrow-Bahrain-Manila... Airbus A340
Anyone know what seat I should choose, or any hints on what Gulf are like??

Old October 30th, 2003, 12:01 AM
Howard Long

"freeda" wrote in message
Needed to return to Manila at short notice, Gulf air are the only airline
who gave me a good price... Heathrow-Bahrain-Manila... Airbus A340
Anyone know what seat I should choose, or any hints on what Gulf are

like??

My memories of Gulf Air are from a flight in economy from LHR to BKK via
Bahrain a few years ago. Firstly, before the PC crowd butt in here, I know
this is going to sound bad, but it's the reality of what happened to me.

On Gulf Air, you get folks on board who are not used to drinking alcohol who
decide to, well, drink alcohol. Two whiskies and they're away into obnoxious
mode. I found it comical to begin with (for about ten minutes) but then I
realised it wasn't really funny at all when they'd stuffed another two down
their necks.

Worst was when the GF at the time was in a long line for the WC and, well,
how do I put this, non-european guys just barged right in front without an
"excuse me" or anything - because she was female, they apparently had right
of passage to get in front.

I am not anti-Arab, and those who know me will atest to the fact that I am
certainly not racist, but I have my own standards and I will never fly GF
again because of my experiences on board their aircraft.

Regards, Howard

Old October 30th, 2003, 12:06 AM
freeda

[...]

Thing is, im a bit of a drinker myself... Essentially, what I am asking is
can I get a nice quiet spot, a few whiskeys and a bit of kip on a Gulf
flight???

Old October 30th, 2003, 12:16 AM
Howard Long

"freeda" wrote in message

Thing is, im a bit of a drinker myself... Essentially, what I am asking

is
can I get a nice quiet spot, a few whiskeys and a bit of kip on a Gulf
flight???

Well, so am I. But I keep myself to myself... that was the problem with some
of the folks of GF - they just could not handle their booze - like a kiddie
in a candy store.

Regards, Howard

Old October 30th, 2003, 12:50 AM
freeda

"Howard Long" wrote in message
"freeda" wrote in message

Thing is, im a bit of a drinker myself... Essentially, what I am asking

is
can I get a nice quiet spot, a few whiskeys and a bit of kip on a Gulf
flight???

Well, so am I. But I keep myself to myself... that was the problem with

some
of the folks of GF - they just could not handle their booze - like a

kiddie
in a candy store.

Is this essetially because it is a Islamic airline, they are not used to
booze??? So they get a little ****ed and are not sure what to do??

Old October 30th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Howard Long

I said
Well, so am I. But I keep myself to myself... that was the problem with

some
of the folks of GF - they just could not handle their booze - like a

kiddie
in a candy store.

Is this essetially because it is a Islamic airline, they are not used to
booze??? So they get a little ****ed and are not sure what to do??

Yip, I guess that was exactly what I was trying to say.

Kind Regards, Howard

Old October 30th, 2003, 06:16 AM
Nik

"Howard Long" wrote in message
I said
Well, so am I. But I keep myself to myself... that was the problem

with
some
of the folks of GF - they just could not handle their booze - like a

kiddie
in a candy store.

Is this essetially because it is a Islamic airline, they are not used to
booze??? So they get a little ****ed and are not sure what to do??

Yip, I guess that was exactly what I was trying to say.

Kind Regards, Howard

You'll get a similar experience on TG from CPH to Bangkok as there usually
are quite a few Norwegians and Swedes on board. Even though they are
"allowed to drink" they are in practice prevented to do so at home due to
the absolute exorbitant prices charged in their government monopoly. So when
they get out of the country....

On my trip - some years ago - on Gulf Air I didn't experience any excessive
drinking. That was by the way on the same route as yours.

Nik.

Old November 3rd, 2003, 04:02 PM
freeda

My memories of Gulf Air are from a flight in economy from LHR to BKK via
Bahrain a few years ago. Firstly, before the PC crowd butt in here, I know
this is going to sound bad, but it's the reality of what happened to me.

On Gulf Air, you get folks on board who are not used to drinking alcohol

who
decide to, well, drink alcohol. Two whiskies and they're away into

obnoxious
mode. I found it comical to begin with (for about ten minutes) but then I
realised it wasn't really funny at all when they'd stuffed another two

down
their necks.

What really annoyed me is that as soon as I had paid for the flights, cheapo
Malaysia and Singapore flights became available, both which much more
civilised connections and timings..