Not really air travel, but a vent about hotels

Old September 17th, 2003, 12:35 AM
Jesper Lauridsen

Default Not really air travel, but a vent about hotels

On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 14:34:06 -0700, (Deirdre Saoirse Moen) wrote:

In article ,
(Jesper Lauridsen) wrote:

(Miguel Cruz) wrote:
Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
I don't know about hotels, but I find 40-watt bulbs in my local

supermarket.
Good thing too, as I light my home with 40-watt bulbs exclusively.

Seriously?

Yep. Sometimes I wonder if a watt is something else in the US, as this
isn't the first time I've seen Americans consider anything below a 100
watt as pure darkness.

How can you read?

It's hard to explain, I just learned it as a child, and now it's as
natural as walking.

The darker the environment, the more oxygen needs to get to the eyes to
see. So, at the expense of a few dollars now, you risk blindness later
when your eyes can't handle that oxygen demand and the cumulative effects
have built up.

It's not a question of money - it's a question of preference. To me a
40 watt bulb is _not_ dim. 40 watt bulbs are also to most popular type
where I shop, so I don't seem to be alone on this. Which leads me back
to question of why you people can't see by them. Do you paint them black
or something?

Returning to the issue of reading in hotels, my problem is mostly the
lack of a good reading position. All I'm asking is something for my back,
so I can sit up in bed and read. Yet so few hotels deliver that.

--
Ask me for directions.
Old September 17th, 2003, 01:53 AM
Miguel Cruz

Jesper Lauridsen wrote:
It's not a question of money - it's a question of preference. To me a
40 watt bulb is _not_ dim. 40 watt bulbs are also to most popular type
where I shop, so I don't seem to be alone on this. Which leads me back
to question of why you people can't see by them. Do you paint them black
or something?

It's not like we're bumping into furniture. It just makes my eyes feel
strained after reading for a while. So why do it? I like my eyes, and I want
them to be happy.

Returning to the issue of reading in hotels, my problem is mostly the
lack of a good reading position. All I'm asking is something for my back,
so I can sit up in bed and read. Yet so few hotels deliver that.

Ask for extra pillows.

miguel
Site remodeled 10-Sept-2003: Hundreds of new photos, easier navigation.