Sandals Whitehouse - Jamaica

Old November 20th, 2006, 05:23 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Gail Sperling

Default Sandals Whitehouse - Jamaica

We are going there in January. Has anyone been there recently? How was it?

Gail

Old November 20th, 2006, 06:13 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Keith (Southend)

Gail Sperling wrote:
We are going there in January. Has anyone been there recently? How was it?

Gail

Maybe worth looking here if you don't know Trip Advisors already :-)

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...y_Jamaica.html

Regards

--
Keith (Southend)
http://www.southendweather.net
Old November 20th, 2006, 11:14 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
Nick and Judy

It was fabulous!

We were there in mid September and it was less than 50% full. High season
may change things as far as service but not too much I'd bet. We are a
childless couple in our late 40's. We have been to Sandals Negril, Couples
Ochos Rios and Negril, Grand Lido Braco and many other resorts. Whitehouse
topped them all.

All the food and liquor were first rate. Staff was very friendly. Rooms were
excellent, very comfortable and relatively quiet. We ate at all the
restaurants except for the italian one and they were great. Don't be afraid
to try some local delicacies like conch. Very yummy.
Yes the bus ride is long and crazy(2.5 hrs) but you get to go through some
scenic hilly areas. You will see how some Jamaicans live(very poorly), but
we still enjoyed the ride. The drivers are very experienced and we never
felt in danger.

If you are a beach person and stay out there late, say past 4pm: PUT ON BUG
SPRAY!!! Don't wait till you get bit because you will not know you are bit
till the next day.
I screwed up the first day and got tore up by the no-see-ums. After that I
didn't get any new ones because I was diligent with my Off.

The beach is great and very secluded. Don't hesitate to walk down past the
guardhouse. Solid jungle is on one side and nary a hotel/person in sight for
miles. No vendors at all! No one bugging you to get your hair braided, buy
weed etc. They will have a day where vendors come in and set up by the main
pool if you want to buy some local goods.

Old November 20th, 2006, 11:32 PM posted to rec.travel.caribbean
nospam

Actually the bus ride is more like 70-90 min - not 2.5 hrs (you're thinking
Ocho Rios).

We have been to Whitehouse but it was April of last year (2005). We loved
it. Not one complaint and we have been to a lot of Sandals (as well as
other resorts).
The beach is wide and long. Agree with the bug spray. The bugs come out
from dusk to dawn so use the spray (we use skintastic). The rooms and views
were great. All face the ocean. The food was all good. Not a bad bartender
in the bunch - all drinks were good. We especially like the coffee and
pastry shop. As well as Bluefield's. The pool is the biggest I have ever
seen and has zero entry (wade into).

. ..