AirTran boots family with screaming kid

Old January 24th, 2007, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Duh_OZ

Default AirTran boots family with screaming kid

Alas, they weren't inflight when they did it ;0)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16773655/?GT1=8921

Old January 25th, 2007, 07:09 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Bogart writes:

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again"
Gee, Air Tran must be heartbroken...

They will gain more new customers because of that comment than they
will ever lose from this particular family's absence. Indeed,
"kid-free" flights might be pretty popular.

Old January 25th, 2007, 08:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Neil Williams

On Jan 25, 8:09 am, Mxsmanic wrote:
Bogart writes:
"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again"
Gee, Air Tran must be heartbroken...They will gain more new customers because of that comment than they

will ever lose from this particular family's absence. Indeed,
"kid-free" flights might be pretty popular.

I believe they mostly call this "business class". You get the odd kid,
but I get the impression (from very limited experience as I normally
fly economy) that they would tend to be of the well-behaved kind.

Neil

Old January 26th, 2007, 02:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air
nospam

Good riddance!!! Who needs passenger like that who have total disregard of
others. I prefer kid-free flights myself!

Old January 26th, 2007, 03:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
ant[_15_]

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bogart writes:

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again"
Gee, Air Tran must be heartbroken...

They will gain more new customers because of that comment than they
will ever lose from this particular family's absence. Indeed,
"kid-free" flights might be pretty popular.

I'd sure fly any plane that had screaming baby-free flights. Seriously.

--
ant
Don't try to email me;

Old January 26th, 2007, 07:36 AM posted to rec.travel.air
[email protected]

Bogart writes:
"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again"
Gee, Air Tran must be heartbroken...They will gain more new customers because of that comment than they

will ever lose from this particular family's absence. Indeed,
"kid-free" flights might be pretty popular.

I believe they mostly call this "business class". You get the odd kid,
but I get the impression (from very limited experience as I normally
fly economy) that they would tend to be of the well-behaved kind.

Neil

Not always...long ago, I flew first class from LAX to San Francsico
and the entire first class section had been gone over with blobs of
jelly and other unnameable goop...the windows were smeared, my tray
table was unusable and so were others int he cabin.

The flight attendants were terribly apologetic about it..it seems a
Very Important Person had booked the entire first class cabin on the
prior flight to haul his brood somewhere and these peopkle were high
enough up the food chain that the staff had been specifically
instructed to let them do pretty much what they wanted and the result
was a cabin so mussed up that they could not clean it all inthe
turn-around time they had.

We got vouchers as I recall but you had to look very carefully
whenever you wanted to put a hand down or use an armrest to make sure
you didn't get a sticky surprise.

When rich people's kids go wild, it can be far wose than some
unhousebroken little snot back in coach as no one in the corporate
environment is going to p*ss off a major customer short of major ill
behavior like attacking a fligjht attendant or something.

Jim P.

Jim P.
Old January 26th, 2007, 11:57 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"ant" wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:
Bogart writes:

"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again"
Gee, Air Tran must be heartbroken...

They will gain more new customers because of that comment than they
will ever lose from this particular family's absence. Indeed,
"kid-free" flights might be pretty popular.

I'd sure fly any plane that had screaming baby-free flights. Seriously.

This story gives kids a bad rap. I flew on a full Southwest Airlines
flight from PHL to LAS earlier this month with several kids, including a
few babies and I did not hear a peep out of any kid the entire flight.
The return flight also had some youngsters on it, and that too was quiet.
Old January 26th, 2007, 01:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Mxsmanic

Shawn Hirn writes:

This story gives kids a bad rap. I flew on a full Southwest Airlines
flight from PHL to LAS earlier this month with several kids, including a
few babies and I did not hear a peep out of any kid the entire flight.
The return flight also had some youngsters on it, and that too was quiet.

Some kids are well behaved, and some aren't; they usually take after
their parents. Also, some quiet children may have had chemical help
(like some adults).

Old January 27th, 2007, 02:22 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Sarah Czepiel

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 06:57:09 -0500, Shawn Hirn
wrote:

:In article ,
: "ant" wrote:
:
: Mxsmanic wrote:
: Bogart writes:
:
: "The father said his family would never fly AirTran again"
: Gee, Air Tran must be heartbroken...
:
: They will gain more new customers because of that comment than they
: will ever lose from this particular family's absence. Indeed,
: "kid-free" flights might be pretty popular.
:
: I'd sure fly any plane that had screaming baby-free flights. Seriously.
:
:This story gives kids a bad rap. I flew on a full Southwest Airlines
:flight from PHL to LAS earlier this month with several kids, including a
:few babies and I did not hear a peep out of any kid the entire flight.

That's been my experience as well on recent flights, most of which
terminate at Reagan National where apparently a large number of
families with children make their connections to Disney World, etc...