Passports

Old June 16th, 2007, 01:13 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Default Passports

What is the latest on the passport situation? Is their a discount for senior
citizens?

Old June 16th, 2007, 01:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"clint" wrote

What is the latest on the passport situation? Is their a discount for
senior citizens?

The government says it is imperative for our National Security that everyone
have a passport immediately.

To show how serious they are, they are thinking of delaying implementation
of the 2004 regulations until 2009.

I feel safer already.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

October 14, 2007 MOAGC 3 - http://www.moagc-3.com
January 20, 2008 - GGC2008 - http://cruisemaster.com/adventure.htm
June 5, 2008 9 nt from NJ - http://www.cruisemaster.com/explorer.htm

Old June 16th, 2007, 01:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Bill[_1_]

clint wrote:

What is the latest on the passport situation? Is their a discount for senior
citizens?

Has there ever been a discount on passports for anyone?
Old June 16th, 2007, 02:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
nospam

No but a the large all-inclusive resorts (i.e. Sandals) are give you $250
credit toward the passport cost when you book with them.

"clint" wrote

Old June 16th, 2007, 09:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 00:58:56 GMT, Bill wrote:

Has there ever been a discount on passports for anyone?

Bob Baer.
--
__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::...
Old June 17th, 2007, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jimbo

OK! George I now know why you are saying things like "The govt.
should..or should not do....."
After reading about the 2004 regulations that will NOW go into effect
Jan 2009 you have to think........
"At this time next year will we not have the same problem??? I mean come
on...some of the procrastinators(and others) who procrastinated this
year can do it next year. They will be bitchin' and bitchin'.......
We will have this same problem we are having NOW again next year.

Jim

Old June 17th, 2007, 04:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Frank F. Matthews

jimbo wrote:

OK! George I now know why you are saying things like "The govt.
should..or should not do....."
After reading about the 2004 regulations that will NOW go into effect
Jan 2009 you have to think........
"At this time next year will we not have the same problem??? I mean come
on...some of the procrastinators(and others) who procrastinated this
year can do it next year. They will be bitchin' and bitchin'.......
We will have this same problem we are having NOW again next year.

Jim

There was an article in the local paper today where the travel columnist
predicted far worse delays next year.

He suggested that the passport facilities open 24/7 for a while to clear
the jam.

Old June 17th, 2007, 08:25 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

Thumper wrote:
SNIP

It's not the procrastinators that are the problem. It's the people
getting passports that have no plans whatsoever of travel ling soon.
They are trying to get ahead of the curve.
Thumper

Dear Thumper,
It's far better to have a passport and not
need it, than to not have a passport and need it.
Of course the "problem" would go away if we just
called the passport a "National Identity Document"
and said everyone had to have one.

Cheers,

John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)