Avoid Arizona

Old April 14th, 2008, 11:35 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
I never proof-read my posts.

Default Avoid Arizona

They have a power crazy Sheriff out there who'll round you up and take
you to the border if you are a little too brown and can't prove you're
from the United States. Read about Sheriff Arpaio. If you find this
behavior unacceptable, write to http://www.azchamber.com/about_contact.cfm
Let them know how you feel. Tell them you'll spend your money
elsewhere.
Old April 14th, 2008, 02:17 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

On Apr 14, 5:35 am, "I never proof-read my posts."
wrote:
They have a power crazy Sheriff out there who'll round you up and take
you to the border if you are a little too brown and can't prove you're
from the United States. Read about Sheriff Arpaio. If you find this
behavior unacceptable, write tohttp://www.azchamber.com/about_contact.cfm
Let them know how you feel. Tell them you'll spend your money
elsewhere.

or if you find this sort of thing perfect, visit arizona twice this
year instead of once......
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:00 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

wrote:
They have a power crazy Sheriff out there who'll round you up and take
you to the border if you are a little too brown and can't prove you're
from the United States. Read about Sheriff Arpaio. If you find this
behavior unacceptable, write tohttp://www.azchamber.com/about_contact.cfm
Let them know how you feel. Tell them you'll spend your money
elsewhere.

or if you find this sort of thing perfect, visit arizona twice this
year instead of once......

Sheriff Arpaio For Presidant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old April 14th, 2008, 05:22 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Hatunen

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 03:35:24 -0700 (PDT), "I never proof-read my
posts." wrote:

They have a power crazy Sheriff out there who'll round you up and take
you to the border if you are a little too brown and can't prove you're
from the United States. Read about Sheriff Arpaio. If you find this
behavior unacceptable, write to http://www.azchamber.com/about_contact.cfm
Let them know how you feel. Tell them you'll spend your money
elsewhere.

Good old Joe Arpaio. He's the sheriff of Maricopa County
(Phoenix) and he's a very good reason to spend your money around
Tucson, not Phoenix; Pima County sheriff Clarence Dupnik is an
all right guy. Y'all come!

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Arpaio for more fascinating
info on Joe, including the tent city and pink uderwear.

Old April 15th, 2008, 01:13 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Brian[_1_]

posts." wrote:

They have a power crazy Sheriff out there who'll round you up and take
you to the border if you are a little too brown and can't prove you're
from the United States. Read about Sheriff Arpaio. If you find this
behavior unacceptable, write to http://www.azchamber.com/about_contact.cfm
Let them know how you feel. Tell them you'll spend your money
elsewhere.

Isn't it terrible that a sheriff wants to enforce the law.

Old April 15th, 2008, 06:28 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
RVer Don

"I never proof-read my posts." wrote in message
They have a power crazy Sheriff out there who'll round you up and take
you to the border if you are a little too brown and can't prove you're
from the United States. Read about Sheriff Arpaio. If you find this
behavior unacceptable, write to http://www.azchamber.com/about_contact.cfm
Let them know how you feel. Tell them you'll spend your money
elsewhere.

I'll tell you how I feel. Sheriff Arpaio, someone in law enforcement who
actually enforces the law. We need a lot more just like him.

Don in Tracy, Calif.

Old April 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
DevilsPGD

In message "RVer Don"
wrote:

I'll tell you how I feel. Sheriff Arpaio, someone in law enforcement who
actually enforces the law. We need a lot more just like him.

Are Americans actually required to produce papers upon demand now?
Old April 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
J. Clarke[_2_]

+DevilsPGD wrote:
In message "RVer Don"
wrote:

I'll tell you how I feel. Sheriff Arpaio, someone in law
enforcement who actually enforces the law. We need a lot more just
like him.

Are Americans actually required to produce papers upon demand now?

Have been for decades. I want to like Arpaio, but he strikes me as
being overzealous. If every single law was enforced every time it was
violated, _everybody_ would be in jail.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Old April 16th, 2008, 01:15 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
DevilsPGD

In message "J. Clarke"

+DevilsPGD wrote:
In message "RVer Don"
wrote:

I'll tell you how I feel. Sheriff Arpaio, someone in law
enforcement who actually enforces the law. We need a lot more just
like him.

Are Americans actually required to produce papers upon demand now?

Have been for decades.

Oh? Now I'm not American, but I was under the understanding that there
was no requirement for a citizen to produce any form of paperwork at any
time unless a citizen initiated an interaction which may require
identification (driving, being one such case)
Old April 16th, 2008, 02:31 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
J. Clarke[_2_]

DevilsPGD wrote:
In message "J. Clarke"

+DevilsPGD wrote:
In message "RVer
Don"
wrote:

I'll tell you how I feel. Sheriff Arpaio, someone in law
enforcement who actually enforces the law. We need a lot more
just
like him.

Are Americans actually required to produce papers upon demand now?

Have been for decades.

Oh? Now I'm not American, but I was under the understanding that
there was no requirement for a citizen to produce any form of
paperwork at any time unless a citizen initiated an interaction
which
may require identification (driving, being one such case)

Any time a cop suspects you of anything he can take you down to the
station for positive identification if you can't provide an ID. And a
cop can _always_ find something of which to suspect you.