Hotel Bill

Old April 14th, 2008, 01:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
paddy_nyr[_2_]

Default Hotel Bill

Can I pay for individual items on my hotel bill upon my departure?

Old April 14th, 2008, 03:18 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Can I pay for individual items on my hotel bill upon my departure?

Don't understand your question.
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:00 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
pltrgyst[_2_]

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 08:44:31 -0400, "paddy_nyr" wrote:

Can I pay for individual items on my hotel bill upon my departure?

Certainly. Moreover, I suspect that your hotel will require you to pay for
_every_ individual item on your hotel bill upon your departure.

-- Larry
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mark Brader

"Paddy":
Can I pay for individual items on my hotel bill upon my departure?

James Step:
Don't understand your question.

Possibly he wants to select certain items on the bill and pay for them
separately from the main bill. For example, he's paying for the room
on a company credit card, but he watched a pay-TV movie in the room
and that's not something his employer is willing to pay for.

This amounts to paying part of the bill in cash. I can't imagine any
hotel having a problem with that.

On the other hand, perhaps he wants the paid-for items *not to appear
on the statement* that he'll hand over to his employer, so they don't
find out what he was spending money on. In that case I expect the
answer is no -- if it's charged to the room it'll appear on the
statement. If he pays for an item in cash, I expect the statement
will end up looking something like this:

Room ............. 119.99
Movies ............ 9.99
Subtotal ......... 129.98
Sales tax 10% ..... 13.00
Room tax .......... 7.00
Total ............ 149.98
Cash payment ...... 11.99cr
Visa payment ..... 137.99cr
Balance due ........ 0.00
--
Mark Brader "Those who do not know USENET
Toronto are doomed to repeat each other."

Old April 14th, 2008, 04:47 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
PeterL

On Apr 14, 8:38*am, (Mark Brader) wrote:
"Paddy":

[...]

I don't think the bill will show what kind of movie you've watched on
the pay channel. So relax, they don't mark movies with their
ratings. Otherwise lots of business travelers will be in trouble not
only with their companies, but with their spouses when XXX appears on
their bills.
Old April 14th, 2008, 04:51 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jochen Kriegerowski[_2_]

"Mark Brader" schrieb

In that case I expect the
answer is no -- if it's charged to the room it'll appear on the
statement.

Should be no problem either - but it might help if you say you
need seperate bills for the room and the extras.
Hotels usually know about the requirements of business travellers.

Jochen from Germany
Old April 14th, 2008, 06:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Don't understand your question.
..
Possibly he wants to select certain items on the bill and
pay for them separately from the main bill.

Yeah, I bet that's it.

I'd suggest just emailing the hotel ahead of time and asking their
policy. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first person to ask them about
it. My guess is that most hotels would put all items charged to your
room on the same statement, even if they let you pay for some of them
(like the movies) separately.

James
Old April 14th, 2008, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
paddy_nyr[_2_]

"paddy_nyr" wrote in message
Can I pay for individual items on my hotel bill upon my departure?

Thanks for everyone's help and the hotel I stayed at allowed me to pay for
individual items on my hotel bill.

I had watched a movie and had taken a beer from the mini-bar and rather than
deal with my company I paid for it before I left, so I'd have a nice clean
bill to submit to accounting.

Old April 15th, 2008, 09:45 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Graz

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 14:15:22 -0400, "paddy_nyr"
wrote:

"paddy_nyr" wrote in message
Can I pay for individual items on my hotel bill upon my departure?

Thanks for everyone's help and the hotel I stayed at allowed me to pay for
individual items on my hotel bill.

I had watched a movie and had taken a beer from the mini-bar and rather than
deal with my company I paid for it before I left, so I'd have a nice clean
bill to submit to accounting.

Your company won't pay for one beer???

Old April 15th, 2008, 10:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
john smith

wrote:

"paddy_nyr" wrote in message
Can I pay for individual items on my hotel bill upon my departure?

Thanks for everyone's help and the hotel I stayed at allowed me to pay for
individual items on my hotel bill.

I had watched a movie and had taken a beer from the mini-bar and rather
than
deal with my company I paid for it before I left, so I'd have a nice clean
bill to submit to accounting.

Your company won't pay for one beer???

Most probably a XXXX movie, rather.