Cost of taxi from Rome Fiumicino to central Rome?

Old April 9th, 2004, 08:55 PM
deborah

Default Cost of taxi from Rome Fiumicino to central Rome?

We will be arriving on a flight to Rome at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday 16 May.

Our hotel in Rome has offered us a ride from the airport for 47 Euros
(not sure but I think that's for two people). I'm wondering how this
compares to taxi fare from the airport and/or train fare plus taxi
fare from Termini to Campo de' Fiori? Also, how much time is saved by
taking a taxi from the airport versus taking the train and then a
taxi?

Many thanks in advance,

wasserd *at* hotmail *dot* com
Old April 9th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Ken Blake

In om,
deborah typed:

We will be arriving on a flight to Rome at 9:30 a.m. on Sunday

16 May.

Our hotel in Rome has offered us a ride from the airport for 47

Euros
(not sure but I think that's for two people). I'm wondering

how this
compares to taxi fare from the airport

About the same. But if your plane is late and the driver has to
wait for you, you will probably incur extra charges. For that
reason, I usually prefer to just take a taxi. But I often take
the hotel's car back to the airport when I return home.

and/or train fare plus taxi
fare from Termini to Campo de' Fiori?

For two people? That would be around 25 Euros.

Also, how much time is saved by
taking a taxi from the airport versus taking the train and then

taxi?

Depends on traffic, how long you have to wait for the train, etc.
I usually spring for the taxi, not because it saves that much
time, but because it's more convenient, and because the extra few
Euros make hardly any difference, percentage-wise, to the total
cost of the vacation.

--
Ken Blake
Please reply to the newsgroup

Old April 10th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Poetic Justice

deborah wrote:
We will be arriving on a flight to Rome at
9:30 a.m. on Sunday 16 May.
Our hotel in Rome has offered us a ride
from the airport for 47 Euros (not sure but
I think that's for two people). I'm
wondering how this compares to taxi fare
from the airport and/or train fare plus taxi
fare from Termini to Campo de' Fiori?
Also, how much time is saved by taking a
taxi from the airport versus taking the
train and then a taxi?

I would do the car service vs a taxi, the costs will be in the same
ballpark.
The hotel is *very likely* just using a car/limo service that they have
a deal with and not personally picking you up.
I have used this service twice www.limoservicerome.com and there are
dozens of excellent reviews on the Fodors Forum. Their price on a Sunday
would be ~=8051.
Train & taxi: Is the savings divided by 2 people for the train/taxi
hassle vs door-to-door (taxi or limo) worth it?
The train for 2, a couple of pieces of luggage in the taxi's trunk and
the initial charge would be ~=8025 even before the wheels roll.
I've only arrived on a Sunday twice ~11am and both times had no real
traffic problems...exception or the rule, I don't know. Regards,
Walter

...And Paradise Was Lost...like teardrops in the rain...