Which airlines charge for the first checked bag?

Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:27 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

Default Which airlines charge for the first checked bag?

"AZ Nomad" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:56:42 -0400, Dave Smith
wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
I was really ****ed off at having to pay for checked in luggage last
time
I traveled. Are all the airlines now doing it? It is a hidden charge
and
might make shopping comparisons faulty if the price of two flights is
within $15, and only one of the airlines has the fee.

USairways was expecially nasty having dropped their beverage service and
charging $2 for a can of soda that doesn't cost them 30 cents. Being
dehydrated
on a 5 hour flight isn't pleasant.

Some will do anything to gouge a few extra bucks out of their
passengers. I had some visitors from Holland last year who brought only
one large suit case between the two of them. They had no problems coming
over but bought some wine to take back with them. They were 4 pounds
over the maximum weight for a single bag and were charged $50. If they
had brought two bags they would have been allowed a lot more extra
weight. That was KLM

I now won't fly continental or USairways. They both got $15 from me and
lost thousands of dollars in future sales.

When I do my searches next time, it'll be a pain in the ass having to
lookup who charges for baggage in order to make valid comparisons.

Here's a link to the Airline Fees chart;
http://www.farecompare.com/resources...able/index.htm

CO is my main airline. They still give you more bang for your buck.
US Air simply sucks. I believe they're still at the bottom of the
satisfaction list.

Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:38 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 16:27:03 -0500, Jim Davis wrote:

Here's a link to the Airline Fees chart;
http://www.farecompare.com/resources...able/index.htm

CO is my main airline. They still give you more bang for your buck.
US Air simply sucks. I believe they're still at the bottom of the
satisfaction list.

thanks. What is CO an acronym for?
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

wrote:

Here's a link to the Airline Fees chart;
http://www.farecompare.com/resources...able/index.htm

CO is my main airline. They still give you more bang for your buck.
US Air simply sucks. I believe they're still at the bottom of the
satisfaction list.

thanks. What is CO an acronym for?

Continental
Here's an airline code list;
http://www.articimo.com/airline_codes.htm

Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:03 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

AZ Nomad wrote:
I was really ****ed off at having to pay for checked in luggage last time
I traveled. Are all the airlines now doing it? It is a hidden charge and
might make shopping comparisons faulty if the price of two flights is
within $15, and only one of the airlines has the fee.

USairways was expecially nasty having dropped their beverage service and
charging $2 for a can of soda that doesn't cost them 30 cents. Being dehydrated
on a 5 hour flight isn't pleasant.

Delta and Southwest and JetBlue don't charge.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 18:03:38 -0700, SMS wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
I was really ****ed off at having to pay for checked in luggage last time
I traveled. Are all the airlines now doing it? It is a hidden charge and
might make shopping comparisons faulty if the price of two flights is
within $15, and only one of the airlines has the fee.

USairways was expecially nasty having dropped their beverage service and
charging $2 for a can of soda that doesn't cost them 30 cents. Being dehydrated
on a 5 hour flight isn't pleasant.

Delta and Southwest and JetBlue don't charge.

AFAIK, only usairways is charging for a can of soda. I find it hard to
fathom how an airline that has collected $250 can't provide a 25 cent
can of soda. It costs them several bucks to collect that $2 can of
soda in labor.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 04:32 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Mimi

AZ Nomad wrote:
I was really ****ed off at having to pay for checked in luggage last
time
I traveled. Are all the airlines now doing it? It is a hidden charge
and
might make shopping comparisons faulty if the price of two flights is
within $15, and only one of the airlines has the fee.

USairways was expecially nasty having dropped their beverage service and
charging $2 for a can of soda that doesn't cost them 30 cents. Being
dehydrated
on a 5 hour flight isn't pleasant.

Delta and Southwest and JetBlue don't charge.

AFAIK, only usairways is charging for a can of soda. I find it hard to
fathom how an airline that has collected $250 can't provide a 25 cent
can of soda. It costs them several bucks to collect that $2 can of
soda in labor.

Don't they give you water? That should prevent dehydration. Better than a
cola, which will have the opposite effect.

Marianne

Old October 23rd, 2008, 04:54 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
AZ Nomad[_3_]

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 08:32:51 -0700, Mimi wrote:
Don't they give you water? That should prevent dehydration. Better than a
cola, which will have the opposite effect.

$2 a bottle. Unless you want to drink out of the sink in the lavatory.

Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:30 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
John Kulp

AZ Nomad wrote:
I was really ****ed off at having to pay for checked in luggage last time
I traveled. Are all the airlines now doing it? It is a hidden charge and
might make shopping comparisons faulty if the price of two flights is
within $15, and only one of the airlines has the fee.

USairways was expecially nasty having dropped their beverage service and
charging $2 for a can of soda that doesn't cost them 30 cents. Being dehydrated
on a 5 hour flight isn't pleasant.

Delta and Southwest and JetBlue don't charge.

AFAIK, only usairways is charging for a can of soda. I find it hard to
fathom how an airline that has collected $250 can't provide a 25 cent
can of soda. It costs them several bucks to collect that $2 can of
soda in labor.

Colmpletely ignorant about sunk costs too aren't you? Pay them $255
for the fare and they'll be glad to give it to you genius.