New York City outdoors clothing

Old October 24th, 2008, 06:35 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Skookum

Default New York City outdoors clothing

I am picking my brain trying to remember a really great outdoors
clothing shop on the east side. I've also been googling to no success.
I can only recall that it was on the east side of one of the main
streets, perhaps Madison, perhaps Park somehwere between 65th and
80th. Does any New Yorker or other frequenter of the great city
recall the place?
Old October 27th, 2008, 01:26 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
jessica_smith_nyc

Try searching businesses on Google Maps on the street you remember
where they were........

----
http://www.moviesitearchive.com/travel

Old October 27th, 2008, 08:41 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Graz[_2_]

On Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:35:03 -0700 (PDT), Skookum
wrote:

I am picking my brain trying to remember a really great outdoors
clothing shop on the east side. I've also been googling to no success.
I can only recall that it was on the east side of one of the main
streets, perhaps Madison, perhaps Park somehwere between 65th and
80th. Does any New Yorker or other frequenter of the great city
recall the place?

It won't be Park Avenue, that's all apartment buildings in the
60s/70s/80s.

Old October 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Graz[_2_]

wrote:

I am picking my brain trying to remember a really great outdoors
clothing shop on the east side. I've also been googling to no success.
I can only recall that it was on the east side of one of the main
streets, perhaps Madison, perhaps Park somehwere between 65th and
80th. Does any New Yorker or other frequenter of the great city
recall the place?

You're not thinking of Timberland, are you? Madison Av, around 63 St.

Old October 28th, 2008, 04:46 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Skookum

wrote:

I am picking my brain trying to remember a really great outdoors
clothing shop on the east side. I've also been googling to no success.
I can only recall that it was on the east side of one of the main
streets, perhaps Madison, perhaps Park somehwere between 65th and
80th. Does any New Yorker or other frequenter of the great city
recall the place?

You're not thinking of Timberland, are you? *Madison Av, around 63 St.

This is one of those good news - bad news outcomes. I tried doing what
Jessica Smith suggested, "walking" Madison Avenue up and down in the
area I remember but that didn't turn up anything. Then Graz had the
name and I went back to the Google street view only to see that where
Timberland was, something called Chopard has moved in which appears to
be high end watches and jewellry.

Well, anyway, mystery solved and I can now look around and see if
Timberline exists anywhere less plushy!

Thanks to all..
Old October 30th, 2008, 06:56 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Graz[_2_]

wrote:

I am picking my brain trying to remember a really great outdoors
clothing shop on the east side. I've also been googling to no success.
I can only recall that it was on the east side of one of the main
streets, perhaps Madison, perhaps Park somehwere between 65th and
80th. Does any New Yorker or other frequenter of the great city
recall the place?

You're not thinking of Timberland, are you? =A0Madison Av, around 63 St.

This is one of those good news - bad news outcomes. I tried doing what
Jessica Smith suggested, "walking" Madison Avenue up and down in the
area I remember but that didn't turn up anything. Then Graz had the
name and I went back to the Google street view only to see that where
Timberland was, something called Chopard has moved in which appears to
be high end watches and jewellry.

To be expected. It's a very high rent area.

Well, anyway, mystery solved and I can now look around and see if
Timberline exists anywhere less plushy!

Thanks to all..

timberland.com will give you the answer. Good luck.