Heading to the Solstice

Old February 22nd, 2009, 12:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

Default Heading to the Solstice

Will be leaving the hotel around 11 or so. We are SO ready to cruise!!!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Kurt Ullman wrote:
Will be leaving the hotel around 11 or so. We are SO ready to cruise!!!

Bon Voyage!!

Hope you have as good a cruise as we did.

sue
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jeff[_8_]

Kurt Ullman wrote:
Will be leaving the hotel around 11 or so. We are SO ready to cruise!!!

Have a great time and say hi to the big wicker lounge beds on the
Solstice Deck for me, lol....miss em!!

Jeff
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Me and the cow just got of the Soultice, OK, but awful coffee!
"If this mis coffee, give me tea, if this is tea give me coffee"
Abe Lincoln

Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

Since they didn't let you smoke most places on the ship, maybe your suddenly
working taste buds couldn't handle the real taste of the coffee.

Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_7_]

Clint wrote:
Me and the cow just got of the Soultice, OK, but awful coffee!
"If this mis coffee, give me tea, if this is tea give me coffee"

We found both the regular and decaf to be excellent. It's just a matter
of taste, I guess.

--
Nonny
Elected officials should wear
Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"Nonnymus" wrote in message
Clint wrote:
Me and the cow just got of the Soultice, OK, but awful coffee!
"If this mis coffee, give me tea, if this is tea give me coffee"

We found both the regular and decaf to be excellent. It's just a matter
of taste, I guess.

I put so much cream and sweetener in my coffee that they could brew it from
roasted pinto beans and I probably wouldn't know the difference. I thought
the coffee on the Solstice was OK... but I was in the distinct minority.

Hey... reminds me of one night when I decided to re-heat that morning's
coffee in the microwave only to find we didn't have any milk..... so I added
some vanilla ice cream and a shot of Bailey's Irish Cream. Damn good way to
use some old coffee!

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

Cruise Specials Weblog http://cruisemaster.typepad.com/my_weblog/

May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm
October 16, 2010 OASIS http://www.motherofallgroupcruises.com

Old February 23rd, 2009, 07:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Nonnymus wrote:
Clint wrote:
Me and the cow just got of the Soultice, OK, but awful coffee!
"If this mis coffee, give me tea, if this is tea give me coffee"

We found both the regular and decaf to be excellent. It's just a matter
of taste, I guess.

It is a matter of taste for sure. We found the coffee in the buffett to
be drinkable, dining room coffee horrible, room service coffee also very
bad. We have always been very fussy about our coffee and like it very
strong and fresh.

sue
Old February 23rd, 2009, 08:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_7_]

Sue Mullen wrote:

Nonnymus wrote:
Clint wrote:
Me and the cow just got of the Soultice, OK, but awful coffee!
"If this mis coffee, give me tea, if this is tea give me coffee"

We found both the regular and decaf to be excellent. It's just a
matter of taste, I guess.

It is a matter of taste for sure. We found the coffee in the buffett to
be drinkable, dining room coffee horrible, room service coffee also very
bad. We have always been very fussy about our coffee and like it very
strong and fresh.

sue

sigh I'm a Folger's guy, so maybe that explains it. My coffee gripes
in general are when it's set in a pot for an hour on high heat or when
it's a very dark roast that tastes bitter. I drink it black, so there's
no mitigating influence like cream or sugar.

I gotta' admit, though, George's coffee sounds interesting. FWIW, I've
found melted vanilla ice cream to be an interesting topping for warm
peach or apple cobbler, puddings or pie, so I bet it'd be good in ice
cream as well.