Maasdam cabins

Old January 29th, 2011, 03:10 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
E.K.

Default Maasdam cabins

Has anyone had any experience with the Maasdam category C cabins, viz
Lower Promenade deck near front elevators, outside with windows, no
verandah. Would appreciate any help. Thanks E.K.
Old January 29th, 2011, 04:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
news.cablespeed.com

We were on the Maasdam in cabin D406 or 8 (can't remember) a few years ago.
What exactly did you want to know?

Eemail me at: grossbea at hotmail.com.

m...

Old January 30th, 2011, 01:45 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
E.K.

On 1/29/2011 11:08 AM, news.cablespeed.com wrote:
We were on the Maasdam in cabin D406 or 8 (can't remember) a few years
ago. What exactly did you want to know?

Eemail me at: grossbea at hotmail.com.

"E.K." wrote in message
m...
Has anyone had any experience with the Maasdam category C cabins, viz
Lower Promenade deck near front elevators, outside with windows, no
verandah. Would appreciate any help. Thanks E.K.

Thanks for replying to the rec. cruises question. What deck were you on
and how was the engine noise. Anything of import would be nice to
learn. Thanks E. Klein
PS Could not get through to your e-mail address
Old January 30th, 2011, 02:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011 22:10:59 -0500, "E.K."
wrote:

Has anyone had any experience with the Maasdam category C cabins, viz
Lower Promenade deck near front elevators, outside with windows, no
verandah. Would appreciate any help. Thanks E.K.

We had cabins on that deck twice on the Maasdam and also on the
Statendam and Rotterdam. The Rotterdam cabin was obstructed view but
we could see fine. The Statendam cabins were aft and were subjected
to re-entrained waste stack odors - depending on how the wind blew you
would smell a sewage smell. But these were behind the aft elevators.

On the Maasdam we had two cabins due to an upgrade on a b2b. The
first one was fine but the second one was under the kitchen and we
would be awakened in the mornings about 4 am when they started work
with what sounded like carts with metal wheels being rolled around on
tile floors.

Old January 30th, 2011, 12:50 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 20:45:42 -0500, "E.K."
wrote:

On 1/29/2011 11:08 AM, news.cablespeed.com wrote:
We were on the Maasdam in cabin D406 or 8 (can't remember) a few years
ago. What exactly did you want to know?

Eemail me at: grossbea at hotmail.com.

"E.K." wrote in message
m...
Has anyone had any experience with the Maasdam category C cabins, viz
Lower Promenade deck near front elevators, outside with windows, no
verandah. Would appreciate any help. Thanks E.K.

Thanks for replying to the rec. cruises question. What deck were you on
and how was the engine noise. Anything of import would be nice to
learn. Thanks E. Klein
PS Could not get through to your e-mail address

We did not have any problem with engine noise. and I would think
engine noise, if it was going to be a problem, would be more with the
aft cabins. Theatre noise and dining room noise hasn't ever been a
problem for us and neither has elevator noise. Kitchen noise and
probably anchor chain noise are. Just be sure your cabin is not under
the kitchen.

What was nice about the first cabin we had was that it was really easy
and quick to get out to the Promenade Deck to take pictures. And the
Promenade Deck on that ship goes all the way around the ship - not
like on some ships where it is only on the sides and doesn't go around
the stern or bow
Old January 31st, 2011, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 14:07:04 -0500, "Ari Silverstein, C.T.A."
wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 22:46:28 -0500, wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jan 2011 19:19:51 -0500, "Ari Silverstein, C.T.A."
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 21:01:50 -0500,
wrote:

The
first one was fine but the second one was under the kitchen and we
would be awakened in the mornings about 4 am when they started work
with what sounded like carts with metal wheels being rolled around on
tile floors.

Had same on the NCL Dawn. Sounded like a bowling alley but luckily we
got moved.

Unfortunately, they refused to move us.

Then Granny I feel for you because for two days it was a nightmare.
The only reason we got moved is we switched with a handicapped person
(we were in a HC room ????) who was booked into non HC room.

We were in an AF 11616 deck right under La Trattoria; moved to deck 10
aft.

http://www.nclcruiseweb.com/cruise-s...dawn/deckplans

We were annoyed because we had booked a b2b in the same room and they
upgraded us for the first part. The room under the kitchen was their
solution when I said I didn't want the upgrade - they gave us that for
the second part. They said it was my fault because I did not check
the internet for my cabin number before I came and because I booked
with two different travel agents (which I did because I was
dissatisfied with the first one), and because I didn't tell the
agent(s) that I was b2b (which was a lie because I DID tell them but I
didn't use the second travel agent again either because she knew we
were b2b and didn't want to move and didn't tell them not to do it
even though she had to change the first cabin so that we could have
the same one so she should have known.)

Anyway, it was annoying, but not a complete nightmare. I don't mind
waking up - I usually have to go to the bathroom then anyway, and I
can put myself to sleep in most situations.

While I really love HAL, I think their desk and front office people
are the pits. I like the food and the ships and the itineraries and
the service except for the desk and office people.