REward seats on CO

Old December 8th, 2008, 07:40 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Ray & Fran

Default REward seats on CO

Hi all can someone help
Is there an easy way to find super saver reward seats on CO flights . My
dates are flexible any month any day and I want to fly in 2009 from Hfx to
Lubbock TX. No matter which date range I search I only see easy pass
flights .I don't have enough miles for those seats . I thought the calendar
was colour coded for types of rewards but no colour on my calendar
--
Fran

Old December 8th, 2008, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"Ray & Fran" wrote in message
Hi all can someone help
Is there an easy way to find super saver reward seats on CO flights . My
dates are flexible any month any day and I want to fly in 2009 from Hfx to
Lubbock TX. No matter which date range I search I only see easy pass
flights .I don't have enough miles for those seats . I thought the
calendar was colour coded for types of rewards but no colour on my
calendar
--
Fran

It's possible that the super saver is not available on an international
flight? I fly on miles all the time, and the super saver option is getting
scarce. Rules are changing faster all the time. It's probably a good idea
to call Continental and ask.

Old December 8th, 2008, 11:54 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Ray & Fran

Thanks Jim
I flew last year on super saver miles but you may be correct . I will need
to call I guess . I just found it strange the calendar was not colour coded
as it states for any date any month . I used to see the yellow and blue
dates

"Jim Davis" wrote in message
m...

Old December 9th, 2008, 01:39 AM posted to rec.travel.air
VS[_1_]

In article ,
Ray & Fran wrote:

Hi all can someone help
Is there an easy way to find super saver reward seats on CO flights . My
dates are flexible any month any day and I want to fly in 2009 from Hfx to
Lubbock TX. No matter which date range I search I only see easy pass
flights .I don't have enough miles for those seats . I thought the calendar
was colour coded for types of rewards but no colour on my calendar

Does your trip include a Saturday night stay? If not, you cannot
use a standard award, and the entire calendar will appear blank.

Old December 9th, 2008, 12:56 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Ray & Fran

Yes it does we were planning on going on a Friday and return 810 days later.
I used to see the colour coding last year but no more

Old December 10th, 2008, 12:17 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 11:22:15 -0400, "Ray & Fran"
wrote:

Returning 8 or 10 days not 810 days (typo)

I was thinking it was long trip. G

We just booked an award trip on Delta. I was prepared to pay the
relatively small amount for assistance but since I had to move some
miles from American Express for my ticket (my wife had enough), she
just put it in as a pending reservation and there was no charge.

I had some flights in mind when I called though. For some reason, I
had a particular itinerary that I didn't notice had come up with one
leg as coach when they were all supposed to be first class. The agent
found another flight that allowed us to use the same miles for all
first class.

I probably would have booked it without realizing it but for some odd
reason, it kept trying to make me make reservations for 5 rather than
2. When I called Delta, the same thing happened to the agent.
Old December 10th, 2008, 02:44 AM posted to rec.travel.air
VS[_1_]

In article ,
Ray & Fran wrote:

Yes it does we were planning on going on a Friday and return 810 days later.
I used to see the colour coding last year but no more

Out of curiosity, I plugged your cities into Continental's online award
search, and I see the color-coded calendar and plenty of availability
for standard (25K) awards - e.g., March 8 from YHZ to LBB, March 17
from LBB to YHZ (these are just random dates).

Old December 10th, 2008, 01:03 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Ray & Fran

VS
I did the same search . The only rewards that come up are the Easy pass
seats in economy 25000 each way or Business /first class at 50000 each way
.. We would like to get saver pass at 12500 each way for a total of 25000 PP
roundtrip. I also do not have any colours in my calendar display either .
The web site reads saver pass economy should be yellow and business class
should be blue . Maybe there is something wrong with my PC
Thanks for the info

Old December 11th, 2008, 01:00 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Brian[_1_]

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:03:45 -0400, "Ray & Fran"
wrote:

VS
I did the same search . The only rewards that come up are the Easy pass
seats in economy 25000 each way or Business /first class at 50000 each way
. We would like to get saver pass at 12500 each way for a total of 25000 PP
roundtrip. I also do not have any colours in my calendar display either .
The web site reads saver pass economy should be yellow and business class
should be blue . Maybe there is something wrong with my PC
Thanks for the info

I tried it and didn't get colors either. Then I put in BWI to Houston
as a random set and it came up with colors. I think your problem is
that you are flying from one small market to another small market and
there won't be any cheap fares.