Electricity/ Plug / power question for kenya...

Old June 1st, 2007, 02:12 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
the_niner_nation

Default Electricity/ Plug / power question for kenya...

I havn't yet managed to get a single straight answer from any travel agent
( including my own safari organiser!) about what sort of electrical plug
system Kenya has...

Somone said that it's the same as the UK, but wern't sure.

Would I need an adaptor to plug /charge my equipment for kenya or would I be
able to plug it into the wall directly *without* the need of a travel
adaptor?

All help gratefully appreciated!!!

Old June 1st, 2007, 04:43 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Gerald Oliver Swift

It is. See http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Would I need an adaptor to plug /charge my equipment for kenya or would I be
able to plug it into the wall directly *without* the need of a travel
adaptor?

All help gratefully appreciated!!!

Regards
Gerry
Old June 1st, 2007, 08:05 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Gerald Oliver
Swift writes
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 02:12:56 +0100, the_niner_nation wrote:

I havn't yet managed to get a single straight answer from any travel agent
( including my own safari organiser!) about what sort of electrical plug
system Kenya has...

Somone said that it's the same as the UK, but wern't sure.

It is. See http://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Would I need an adaptor to plug /charge my equipment for kenya or would I be
able to plug it into the wall directly *without* the need of a travel
adaptor?

All help gratefully appreciated!!!

Regards
Gerry

I lived in Kenya and we used the same three pin plug as Britain in
our house, in hotels, but staying with a friend in Nairobi in an older
house I needed an adapter for, say, a hairdryer, they had a two pin
system. I`d say take an adapter with you but generally you will find a
system the same as Britain. Just checked Rough Guide and I`m correct...
220-240 volts, three square pins!
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:02 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

Hi!

My parents live in Kenia. You will be fine with the british-plug-
system. Even in houses where there are two pin systems, there often
are adaptors. If not, you can buy one at every street corner for far
less money, than such an adaptor would cost you back home.

Old June 4th, 2007, 08:02 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

Pat, I'm guessing that the poster is probably German speaking.

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:28:36 +0100, Pat Anderson
wrote:

Tell me, why do you call
Kenya "Kenia?
Pat.

Old June 4th, 2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Marc Lurie
writes
Pat, I'm guessing that the poster is probably German speaking.

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 22:28:36 +0100, Pat Anderson
wrote:

Tell me, why do you call
Kenya "Kenia?
Pat.

Hi Marc,
I guessed that, just testing! Hope all OK with you down there.
No doubt you know Hans Georg Michna from this group, he`s gone on his
annual safari to Kenya for a month, strangely enough he was in Kenya
during our years there, from 1979--- 87, but we never met there.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old June 11th, 2007, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

On 1 Jun, 04:43, Gerald Oliver Swift wrote:
On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 02:12:56 +0100, the_niner_nation wrote:
I havn't yet managed to get a single straight answer from any travel agent
( including my ownsafariorganiser!) about what sort of electrical plug
system Kenya has...

Somone said that it's the same as the UK, but wern't sure.

It is. Seehttp://kropla.com/electric2.htm

Would I need an adaptor to plug /charge my equipment for kenya or would I be
able to plug it into the wall directly *without* the need of a travel
adaptor?

All help gratefully appreciated!!!

Regards
Gerry

Hi there the UK 'square pin' plug is what you need. Most hotels have
two pin socklets too.

Check out http://www.safaribookers.com for a great selection of
safaris...