Snow in Johannesburg

Old June 27th, 2007, 11:47 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

Default Snow in Johannesburg

Yup, it snowed last night and this morning. It wasn't much (only about
an inch at most), but considering that the last time it snowed here
was 10 September1981, it's quitye a momentous occasion.

It's freezing cold at the moment, and the weatherman is predicting
even colder temps tonight.

If you're coming to Joburg in the next few weeks, bring some warm
clothing. :-) We're generally not prepared for the cold here.

Marc
Old June 27th, 2007, 12:39 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Wildpicture

Marc Lurie schreef:
Yup, it snowed last night and this morning. It wasn't much (only about
an inch at most), but considering that the last time it snowed here
was 10 September1981, it's quitye a momentous occasion.
It's freezing cold at the moment, and the weatherman is predicting
even colder temps tonight.
If you're coming to Joburg in the next few weeks, bring some warm
clothing. :-) We're generally not prepared for the cold here.

Marc, I saw it on the news this morning. Must be great for the kids who
have just gotten their holidays. I am flying south tomorrow, so I'll
pack an extra sweater. Even though I am used to it and won't call this
really cold, it will still feel chilly. Luckily I do not intend to stay
very long in Jo'burg and head straight for Kruger. Hope it is warmer
there. :-)

Regards,
Hans
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:44 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Alan S[_1_]

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:39:21 +0200, Wildpicture
wrote:

Marc Lurie schreef:
[...]

Seems to be across the hemisphere; we have snow here today
in areas of NSW that rarely see it.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltraveloz.blogspot.com/
latest: Up to Kuranda by train
Old June 27th, 2007, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Alfred Molon[_5_]

In article , Alan S says...

Seems to be across the hemisphere; we have snow here today
in areas of NSW that rarely see it.

+15°C only today in Munich (+11°C in the morning) - relatively cold for
this time of the year. Maybe the beginning of a new glacial age?
--

Alfred Molon
Old June 27th, 2007, 06:58 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Wildpicture

Alfred Molon schreef:
+15°C only today in Munich (+11°C in the morning) - relatively cold for
this time of the year. Maybe the beginning of a new glacial age?

This spring over here was the hottest ever since the start of
measurements. Tehn everybody talked about global warming.....

Regards,
Hans
Old June 29th, 2007, 05:27 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Corné[_3_]

Luckily I do not intend to stay
very long in Jo'burg and head straight for Kruger. Hope it is warmer
there. :-)

27 in Skukuza today Hans, we had 26 today. So this area is quite warm for
the winter at this moment.

Have a good journey!

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old June 29th, 2007, 05:29 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Corné[_3_]

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , Alan S says...

Seems to be across the hemisphere; we have snow here today
in areas of NSW that rarely see it.

+15°C only today in Munich (+11°C in the morning) - relatively cold for
this time of the year. Maybe the beginning of a new glacial age?

A new glacial age? Maybe so, according to Dennis Quaid I liked that
movie, the Day after tommorrow.

Corné.

www.amukela.com

Old July 27th, 2007, 11:34 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Wildpicture

Corné schreef:
Luckily I do not intend to stay
very long in Jo'burg and head straight for Kruger. Hope it is warmer
there. :-)

27 in Skukuza today Hans, we had 26 today. So this area is quite warm
for the winter at this moment.

Just got home again after travelling for 28 hours...... :-(
And Air France managed to loose our bagage on the flight to South Africa
as well as on the return trip! Bunch of %#$%#$%%##!!!!

I'll write more about the trip later. I am just too tired now.
We had rains for three days in a row in Kruger. The first two days
(Letaba) were moderate but raining nearly al day. The last day of the
rains (while staying in Sirheni) they were absolutely HUGE (and the roof
leaking). I have never seen the north of kruger (all those 88 million
boring Mopane trees :-) so green this time of year. .-)

Evenings, nights and mornings were freezingly cold. Even with 4
blankets. The last week in the south (Biyamiti) was very nice and warm.

Regards,
Hans