Web cam?

Old January 19th, 2006, 09:14 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Default Web cam?

What was the url for that web cam? The one at the waterhole in Botswana, I
think. I didn't manage to get it to work on my pc, but would like to pass
the info on.

Catherine
--
==Not nuts, just a little eccentric==
www.africanbush.co.za

Old January 19th, 2006, 11:41 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/n...a/wildcam.html

the above is for the Nat Geo web page, and the link below is direct to the
streaming media

http://play.rbn.com/ngm/ngm/live/live.rm

Old January 20th, 2006, 07:33 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Catherine Milton wrote:
What was the url for that web cam? The one at the waterhole in Botswana, I
think. I didn't manage to get it to work on my pc, but would like to pass
the info on.

Catherine

It used to be good but every time I look now it has a picture of the
same two birds......must be busted
Old January 21st, 2006, 09:35 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

Due to the wet-season, it is now a recorded loop. They say it will be back
up when the rains dry out.

Pete

Old January 21st, 2006, 12:08 PM posted to rec.travel.africa

Catherine Milton schreef:
What was the url for that web cam? The one at the waterhole in Botswana, I
think. I didn't manage to get it to work on my pc, but would like to pass
the info on.

Catherine

Due to the rainseason the webcam is not functional, this is what I heard
end of November last year! As soon as the rainseason is over (March?)
it will be in the air again and watch it, last year I have seen many
birds and animals, very interesting!

Arthur
Old January 22nd, 2006, 04:32 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

"G.F." wrote in message
t.nl...
Catherine Milton schreef:
What was the url for that web cam? The one at the waterhole in Botswana,
think. I didn't manage to get it to work on my pc, but would like to
pass
the info on.

Catherine

Due to the rainseason the webcam is not functional, this is what I heard
end of November last year! As soon as the rainseason is over (March?) it
will be in the air again and watch it, last year I have seen many birds
and animals, very interesting!

If they were going to loop it, it seems pretty silly to lock it on to some
birds. Why not offer a loop that had something interesting? Some big game,
or a cat or something?

--riverman

Old January 23rd, 2006, 05:27 AM posted to rec.travel.africa

The loop is 6 hours long... If you watch it for that long, you will see
plenty... Dunno about big cats, but elephant and antelope are there

Pete