Turtle Pier St. Maarten, how to get return trip by taxi?

Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

Default Turtle Pier St. Maarten, how to get return trip by taxi?

While at St. Maarten we plan to take a shore tour in the Geneva Bay
area, then take a taxi to a restaurant at Turtle Pier.

I assume finding a taxi at Geneva Bay will be easy enough. Not sure
about Turtle Pier. What is the usual way to do this on St. Maarten?
Pay the driver for a one way trip and ask him to stay? Will
restaurants call you a cab?

Thanks,
Christopher
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Apr 22, 8:37*pm, wrote:
While at St. Maarten we plan to take a shore tour in the Geneva Bay
area, then take a taxi to a restaurant at Turtle Pier.

I assume finding a taxi at Geneva Bay will be easy enough. *Not sure
about Turtle Pier. *What is the usual way to do this on St. Maarten?
Pay the driver for a one way trip and ask him to stay? *Will
restaurants call you a cab?

Rent a car ... they have several agents at the end of the pier ... be
careful not to rent from one of the fly by night agencies though ...
The entire island is easy to traverse ... like a big circle ...

But I'm sure the restaurant will be able to get a cab for you ... It's
really not that big an island ... and the cabbies take whatever then
can get ...

Old April 23rd, 2009, 02:07 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
wrote:

I assume finding a taxi at Geneva Bay will be easy enough. Not sure
about Turtle Pier. What is the usual way to do this on St. Maarten?
Pay the driver for a one way trip and ask him to stay? Will
restaurants call you a cab?

Most likely they will ask you when to return to pick you up. You won't
have to ask. They want the fare. Every time I have taken a taxi there
the driver asked. But if they don't ask tell them. They always came
back or sent another taxi from their taxi association back to pick up
up if they could not come themselves.

--
Charles