Which FF program?

Old June 25th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Steve

Default Which FF program?

Hi all,

I wonder if you can help me. It seems that I'll be travelling between
London and Frankfurt with Lufthansa (economy) on a weekly basis for at
least the next 4 months and can't decided which frequent flier program
to use/join to make the most out of these flights. I'm already a
member of Lufthansa's Miles & More program but don't like the fact
that miles expire after 36 months (already lost 25000 miles this way).

Ideally I'm looking to collect as many miles as possible but Elite
status would be good too ) Is United Airlines' program any good? or
are they going bankrupt soon? )

Thank you in advance,
Steve
Old June 25th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Peter File

I wonder if you can help me. It seems that I'll be travelling between
London and Frankfurt with Lufthansa (economy) on a weekly basis for at
least the next 4 months and can't decided which frequent flier program
to use/join to make the most out of these flights. I'm already a
member of Lufthansa's Miles & More program but don't like the fact
that miles expire after 36 months (already lost 25000 miles this way).

Ideally I'm looking to collect as many miles as possible but Elite
status would be good too ) Is United Airlines' program any good? or
are they going bankrupt soon? )

This depends on which routes you wish to use your miles.

Old June 25th, 2004, 06:44 PM
AES/newspost

In article ,
"Peter File" wrote:

status would be good too ) Is United Airlines' program any good? or
are they going bankrupt soon? )

Maybe I shouildn't knock the mileage program in which I've been enrolled
for, what, over 20 years now -- but I've had repeated bad experiences in
attempting to redeem United miles, even with flexible dates and times
for traveling. I believe they deliberately limit the number of award
seats available to much less than what they know the demand will be, so
that they won't have to deliver on the promises in their sales
literature for their awards program.