Goa advice sought urgently!

Old August 5th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Newbie

Default Goa advice sought urgently!

Vishal wrote:

How much do you want to spend on the hotel? Are you going to hire
bikes to move around or prefer a taxi.

I think hotel price is not the deciding factor. It will be a small blip
on the overall budget which includes stopns in Europe, India, and
Japan.

Bikes and taxis: We can do both.

I personally would like to stay in North Goa. Its a touristy place with
more options for beaches etc. Beaches are less crowded (some). The
hotels here are small and proximity to the beach is their only usp.
That said, they are still decent enough. There is a hotel called
Ronil's near Baga Beach which have small but decent rooms, two swimming
pools and a stone's throw away from Baga Beach. Also you can rent a
bike from the market which is a short walk away.

On the other hand if you wish to spend your time in Goa reading a book
and getting a tan, and money no object check into any of the Taj Group
hotels. They have private beaches and every facility you can think of.
They make for an excelent second honeymoon hotel. Its far from all the
other touristy beaches and you will need a taxi to go from one place to
another.

I think we want a hotel that will be comfortable enough with amenities:
swimming pool, a/c rooms, a few good shops, travel desk that can
organize a tour, etc. However, it need not be completely isolated.

My wife would like beachfront natural beauty. But we wouldn't just read
a book, we would like to see the historic city and shopping district as
well. Fine if it is a long walk, fine if we have to take a cab. But
sometimes you are exhausted and the hotel should be good enough to
provide shelter from everything for those moments.

Please share any thoughts and recommendations you have.