Some advice req - New York and Florida

Old December 16th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Juliana L Holm

mo wrote:

Coney Island is a New York neighborhood where the Coney Island
amusement park is located. The New York Aquarium is adjacent to
the amusement park. There is a beach and boardwalk that connects
Coney Island to the neighborhood known as Brighton Beach.

that doesnt look hardcore enough - we want somwhere that has rides similar
to Alton towers in the UK but bigger and scarier!

Six Flags has one is Darien Lake, Buffalo - how far is that from the main
area of NY?

Far, maybe 4 hours. The Jersey Location is better. There is also one outside
Washginton DC.

Busch Gardens, Tampa Florida and Williamsburg, Virginia is a possiblity.

They have "Hardcore" rides.

Paramount Kings Dominion in Central Virginia (near Richmond) is good, but
loses on your driving requirement. You would pretty much have to drive.

I think that if you're looking for Scary Rides, I'd tend toward these
rather than the Disney parks.

Julie
I mean that has ride like Superman which look awesome.

what other large theme park companies are there in the USA?

--
Julie
**********
Old December 16th, 2004, 03:57 PM
mo

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message

Six Flags has one is Darien Lake, Buffalo - how far is that from the main
area of NY?

Far, maybe 4 hours. The Jersey Location is better. There is also one
outside
Washginton DC.

Busch Gardens, Tampa Florida and Williamsburg, Virginia is a possiblity.

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/greata...dom/media.html
check that out - possibly i would be too scared to go on that, LOL

They have 3 different types of parks in Jersey (Jasckson) how far is that
from NYC?

this one looks a better theme park - they have more hardcore rides

will they be seriously packed in early (ish) september?

Old December 16th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Juliana L Holm

Six Flags Great Adventure is probably an hour from New York City. I am not
sure if it is reachable via public transport, though.

Julie

Old December 16th, 2004, 04:07 PM
mo

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message
Six Flags Great Adventure is probably an hour from New York City. I am
not
sure if it is reachable via public transport, though.

Julie

Wouls there be any others that are closer (maybe within 2 or 3 hours) that
we could go to on a different day.

No doubt if we end up going to NY over florida we will spend all the other
days sightseeting anyway..

Old December 16th, 2004, 04:11 PM
JamesStep

that doesnt look hardcore enough - we want
somwhere that has rides similar to Alton towers
in the UK but bigger and scarier!

If you're looking for hardcore, scary rides, there are
several web sites that have detailed descriptions and
comparisons of roller coasters at the various theme
parks around the country, and you might find that useful.

I don't know the URLs offhand, but shouldn't be too hard
to find them with Google.

Jim

Remove "NOSPAM" from my address when sending me e-mail.
-
Old December 16th, 2004, 04:17 PM
mo

"JamesStep" wrote in message
If you're looking for hardcore, scary rides, there are
several web sites that have detailed descriptions and
comparisons of roller coasters at the various theme
parks around the country, and you might find that useful.

Indeed - just that the US is so massive and we dont really know anything
about it - in the UK I could probably get anywhere using the Road and Train
system prety easily!

Most of the places will probably be way too far for us to get to from NY
anyway.