European online Hotel Bookings site leader

Old April 2nd, 2006, 12:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default European online Hotel Bookings site leader

http://www.bookingsonline.net is the leader site for online hotel
bookings in Europe. Itīs group had about 1 milian bookings last year.

This site permits discount Hotel bookings in more than 25.500 Hotels
around the world, number of hotels that is daily increasing. Most part
of the Hotels are in Europe but it has a growing offer worldwide.

Main characteristics of www.Bookingsonline.net:

- Free reservation with imediate confirmation
- Payment at the Hotel
- Discounts up to 75%
-Spacial offers in Europe

Visit: http://www.bookingsonline.net

Old April 2nd, 2006, 05:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Jens Arne Maennig wrote:

http://www.[beep].net is the leader site for online hotel
bookings in Europe. Itīs group had about 1 milian bookings last year.

Considering that already the European market leader hrs has over 180.000
hotels under contract, your site seems to be a minor player in that
field.

Jens, I really don't thing, that this company was sending this spam.
They normally use other email adresses. I know them, because I work
with them. (And I checked the internal contact page for the mail
adresses.)
BTW, they aren't so small, like the spammer did say, I thing they are
on the third place behind hrs and hotel.de.

Greetings from Cologne

Andreas

Old April 2nd, 2006, 11:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Lennart Petersen" wrote in message

"traveler" skrev i meddelandet
oups.com...
http://www.bookingsonline.net is the leader site for online hotel
bookings in Europe. Itīs group had about 1 milian bookings last year.
----------------------------
I'm not the smallest impressed. Can't see any advantage at all compared
with hrs.de or other online booking agencies.

- Free reservation with imediate confirmation
-----------
Ohh......

- Payment at the Hotel
---------------
Ohh...

- Discounts up to 75%
-------------------
Discounts from deliberately exaggerated so called ordinary prices.
Whoever is paying Euro 499 for a twin in an average 3star hotel ?
Or E 1100 or E 1500 in 4 or 5 star ?
No thanks for me.
B.t.w some hotels have the information: "electricity and water charges
included"
I've never seen a such charge, most close was an inexpensive hostel in
Herat,Afghanistan where we had to pay for woodfire.

I have stayed in cheap places with a coin slot meter for electricity - But I
wouldn't call them hotels.

Old April 2nd, 2006, 11:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message
reenews.net...

[...]

And I thought you were posh!

JohnT

Old April 2nd, 2006, 11:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"JohnT" wrote in message
. uk...

"Miss L. Toe" wrote in message
reenews.net...

[...]

I was just doing research :-)

Old April 2nd, 2006, 11:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Take a look to the site again and for example compare the hotel
priceswith the ones that you are sugesting. Be honest.

Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 21:59:16 GMT, "Lennart Petersen"
wrote:

"traveler" skrev i meddelandet
roups.com...
[...]

Well, I'm hoping they are legit.

I booked in Barcelona at the Ciutat de Barcelona at a great
price using www.channels.nl . After placing the booking I
found all subsequent emails came from "Bookings ES". With a
little research I found that the following links all go
effectively to the same web-page:

http://www.bookingsonline.net/
http://www.bookings.org/
http://www.bookings.net/

However, I'm a little nervous. The hotel web-site still has
the following info on it:

"New brand hotel (under construction, will be opened in
March 2006)". They've also changed from 4* at time of
booking to 3*.

However, I'm getting no response to emails on the subject of
construction completion. If anyone happens to know whether
the hotel is actually open for business - or will be by
early May - I'd love to hear it. In the interim I'll try
other contact possibilities.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
Old April 3rd, 2006, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Alan:

I am everything is OK but to have no doughts please contact
or if you prefer call +31(0)20 712 5600.

If you prefer ask bookings online about the Hotel contacts and contact
directly the Hotel.

Best regards

Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:12 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Lennart Petersen" wrote:

Lets see 3 star Dorint Novotel Köln City on Tue Apr 11: single room
crossed price E 885 and price charged is E75
double room crossed price E 1098 price charged is E 75. Euro 75 happens
to be the same price charged on hrs.de without mentioning anything about
exaggerated compare prices.

These compared rates are sometimes the maximum rates during trade show
times - but I also found impossible rates on some hotels.

It seems, that someone just filled a field in the database without
looking to the real rates of the hotels.
(And most hotels don't chaeck the websites of the systems any more.)

Greetings from Cologne

Andreas

Old April 3rd, 2006, 11:04 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Andreas,

I work with this company and I donīt know if they are the leaders, but
I know that they have a good position in the market.

In relation to the Hotel Prices the idea that I have is that each Hotel
defines its own price and description, so necessarily the Hotels know
what crossed price ares shown and the daily prices.

You picked 2 examples of Hotels where the base price is high and there
is a big difference betwin the base price and the practised price
(Those cases are extreme cases). To put that difference is not the
policy of the site, what everyone can confirme in the site.

The important thing is that the site has good conditions and prices. (I
donīt know if this site is always the best and cheaper, but in general
it has useful information and economic prices).