New York, Staten Island

Old November 25th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Jiminy

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:10:12 -0700, (Bert Amada)
wrote:

I don't recall what the ferry fee is, but you could probably research it
on the internet.

the ride isn't free?

Old November 26th, 2004, 04:47 PM
emailalias

It was free, and a beautiful run, when I was there...

*************************************

Contribute to my travel tips blog at

http://travel-travel-travel-travel.blogspot.com

Old November 27th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Ken Tough

Default New York, Staten Island

Ramal wrote:

Hi, Me and a couple of friends are spending Christmas and New Year in New
York City and have found an apartment within our price range which is on
Staten Island. Is Staten Island a good place to stay for a first time
trip to New York and will it cost a lot of money to travel from the Island
to Manhattan to do all the touristy things? This is the only apartment
that we have had a reply on so far that is free and in our price range, is
it worth staying here and making the trip to Manhattan?

It will be worth checking out the schedule late at night, since
you'll most likely want to make the most of late nights in
Manhattan (including Times Square or the Village or off-off
broadway or...) It would be a drag to not be able to do those
things because you have to head home before the pumpkin changes.

--
Ken Tough

Old November 27th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Bert Amada

I picked up the following from the S.I. Ferry website. The last time I
was a passenger on the ferry was prior to 1997. Out here in Arizona, we
don't use ferries all that much.
The fare for passengers, which had been 50 cents for a round trip
between St. George, Staten Island, and the Whitehall Terminal in lower
Manhattan, was eliminated in 1997. The fare for vehicles remains at $3.
Ending the fare on the Staten Island Ferry allows Staten Islanders, many
of whom had to pay two or even three fares, to reach Manhattan without
an additional fare.
Round Trip Free Bicycle Free Seniors and People with Disabilities Free
Regular Rate for Vehicles: * $3.00 Car Pool Rate (3 or more): * $2.00
Senior Citizen Driver : * $1.50

Please note: To avoid spam, unsolicited email is automatically deleted
unread by my server. Only mail which comes from those who are already in
my address book is put through. If you wish to send me an email, kindly
say so in a post before attempting to send the mail. I will then notify
you when my line is open to you.