[Spain] Buses - Cordoba to Granada

Old October 6th, 2003, 01:37 AM
rt

Default [Spain] Buses - Cordoba to Granada

Hi

I'm going to Spain at the end of the month, for a week. It is my
first visit and while I'm there I plan to spend a day in Granada,
visiting the Alhambra. I am finding it hard to find information (on
the internet) a) the bus from Cordoba to Granada and b) the bus
from Granada town centre to the airport. I was therefore wondering if
anyone could offer me any advice, point my in the right direction,
etc.

TIA.

Richard
Old October 6th, 2003, 02:43 AM
arlene

rt wrote:
Hi

I'm going to Spain at the end of the month, for a week. It is my
first visit and while I'm there I plan to spend a day in Granada,
visiting the Alhambra. I am finding it hard to find information (on
the internet) a) the bus from Cordoba to Granada and b) the bus
from Granada town centre to the airport. I was therefore wondering if
anyone could offer me any advice, point my in the right direction,
etc.

TIA.

Richard

Hi Richard,

The tickets for the Alhambra are only for a certain number of hours. So
if you plan to spend the day be prepared to buy a number of tickets.

Usually people have gone in the morning and returned for an evening visit.

Arlene

Old October 6th, 2003, 09:55 AM
José M. Malo

"rt" escribió en el mensaje
om...
I am finding it hard to find information (on
the internet) a) the bus from Cordoba to Granada and b) the bus
from Granada town centre to the airport. I was therefore wondering if
anyone could offer me any advice, point my in the right direction,
etc.

The route from Cordoba to Granada is served by Continental Auto
(http://www.continental-auto.es) There are 9 daily buses, plus two
additional ones on Fridays and Sundays.

From Granada to the airport, there's a bus which departs from the Palacio de
Congresos. The schedule is in the airport Website:
http://www.aena.es/aeropuertos/granada/guiaautobus.htm

Old October 6th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Francisco Miranda Azurmendi

Why do not use the train?

There are trains from Cordoba to Seville and from Seville to Granada.

See http://www.renfe.es

If you want to take the bus, these are the timetables ad prices

dep arr dist price Nº days
06:00 09:55 212 12.38 (2060) LMXJVSD Todo el año
08:00 11:00 168 10.35 (1722) LMXJVSD Todo el año
09:00 11:30 168 10.35 (1722) LMXJVSD Todo el año
10:30 13:15 168 10.35 (1722) LMXJVSD Todo el año
13:30 16:15 168 10.35 (1722) LMXJVSD Todo el año
15:15 19:00 194 11.81 (1965) LMXJVSD Todo el año
15:30 18:30 168 10.35 (1722) LMXJVSD Todo el año
16:30 19:15 168 10.35 (1722) ______D Todo el año
17:00 19:40 168 10.35 (1722) LMXJVSD Todo el año
19:00 21:45 168 10.35 (1722) LMXJVSD Todo el año
20:30 23:15 168 10.35 (1722) ____V_D Todo el año

You can also visit my webpage: http://www.cangasdeonisycovadonga.com
Old October 6th, 2003, 12:16 PM
David Horne

Francisco Miranda Azurmendi wrote:

Why do not use the train?

There are trains from Cordoba to Seville and from Seville to Granada.

That's an inconvenient route by train, because you go sort of in the
wrong direction to Seville, before continuing to Granada. Certainly, if
you opt for the AVE to Seville, it's only 40 minutes, but then you've
got a slower train to Granada. Once you factor changing trains etc.,
it's a longer, and certainly more expensive journey. Still, for the
die-hard train enthusiast, it would be worth it, and the AVE is lovely.

Bus is by far the best option from Cordoba to Granada, and it's a
relatively peaceful route, mostly through rolling countryside. If you're
visiting all three cities by public transport, it makes sense to go
Seville-Cordoba-Granada- taking the train for the first leg.

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.co.uk
davidhorne (at) davidhorne (dot) co (dot) uk
Old October 8th, 2003, 02:05 AM
rt

"José M. Malo" wrote in message ...
"rt" escribió en el mensaje
om...
I am finding it hard to find information (on
the internet) a) the bus from Cordoba to Granada and b) the bus
from Granada town centre to the airport. I was therefore wondering if
anyone could offer me any advice, point my in the right direction,
etc.

The route from Cordoba to Granada is served by Continental Auto
(http://www.continental-auto.es) There are 9 daily buses, plus two
additional ones on Fridays and Sundays.

From Granada to the airport, there's a bus which departs from the Palacio de
Congresos. The schedule is in the airport Website:
http://www.aena.es/aeropuertos/granada/guiaautobus.htm

Arlene, Francisco, David and José, thank you very much for the information.

rt.
Old October 8th, 2003, 11:28 AM
Badrul Kassim

arlene wrote in message ...

The tickets for the Alhambra are only for a certain number of hours. So
if you plan to spend the day be prepared to buy a number of tickets.

Usually people have gone in the morning and returned for an evening visit.

Arlene

I wish to make a correction to the above posting. Tickets for Alhambra
is not for a certain number of hours, as mentioned. It is however,
based on a specific entry time for certain parts of Alhambra, eg. the
Palace. Once you get in, you can stay as long as you want (once you
get out, you cannot get back in). But you have to enter during the one
hour window stated in your ticket.

I copied here my earlier posting regarding Granada.

I have just returned from Granada. I bought the ticket on the internet
in advance, and found it easier, since there is a different, shorter
queue to collect your tickets. Just make sure you have the credit card
that you use to purchase the ticket on the internet (therefore, the
credit card holder should be one of the visitors). Once you are in
Alhambra, you can stay as long as you like until closing time, the
time allocated on the ticket is only for the Nasrid Palace (Palacios
Nazaries), where I think an average visitor will spend most of their
time. My advice is to go there as early as possible, and visit other
parts of the complex (it's big) until your time to enter the Palace).
The time allocated is for half hour entry, e.g. between 11.00 to
11.30. I noticed that there's normally a queue just before the start
of the timeslot. You can easily avoid this large group by entering the
palace perhaps after 15 or 20 minutes, just don't forget to enter
before the half hour window lapse. Again, once you are in the palace
you can stay as long as you like, but a typical visitor will just go
with the flow of human traffic through the palace.

You can buy ticket from: http://www.alhambratickets.com

BH