Sunterra Holidays

Old September 2nd, 2004, 04:47 PM
Tara

Default Sunterra Holidays

I have won a holiday with 'Sunterra'. I have a meeting booked with them
soon. Has anyone heard of or even used this travel company? Any feedback
will be appreciated, thanks

Old September 3rd, 2004, 03:49 AM
LVTravel

It is a timeshare group. Their web site is
http://www.sunterra.com/company/. Don't know much about them but be
prepared for the sales pitch. Some companies will really pressure you
during the required "90 minute" sales presentation. Other companies are not
as high pressured. Again, I don't know about this company.

I checked on Timeshare Users Group of which I am a member and checked some
of their resorts reviews both inside the US and Caribbean. They seem to be
fairly good resorts according to the few reviews I read.

Old October 20th, 2004, 08:25 AM
bobtail

hi Tara i was wondering if you went to the meeting with sunterra yet, and
if you have how did you get on i have won one of these holidays and i was
wondering if it is worth taking the time to go to the meeting i would
appreciate any info
thanks

Old October 25th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Paul

Hi,

I just attended a meeting (sales pitch) with sunterra this weekendand have a
few things to report.

Just for info we only really went along for the free holiday but had an open
mind about the whole thing
but had our reservations about it being a timeshare deal.

Anyhow this is what happened.....

Got to the pine lake resort and checked in, then got met by our sales guy,
nice all around.
Sat down and answered the few questions asked by him about current holidays
and he went
briefly through the free holiday and all that. Then went on to explain about
the 'Points system'
and how the holiday package worked. Then went on a tour of the pine lake
facility (looked good)
and then we started talking about how much.

Now there was no pressure selling happening but there was something strange
about the whole
deal and how it was 'sold' and how they had our sales guy and some other
bloke take over to
explain the pricing. Again there was no pressure but I felt like there was
pressure to say yes and
if you said no then it would be a bad thing. I could have said no straight
away but we took the
opportunity to discuss it in private, both agreed it was a no and then we
told them. They were fine
with the answer and then asked if we told them why.... told them and they
understood our choice
and then offered a slightly different cheaper trial option, this looked good
on the surface but I didn't
get to the small print to find out if it was. Again when we said no it was
fine although you are made to
feel like saying yes would be better (it was a strange feeling, no pressure
but you almost wanted to say yes).
I don't think this type of deal that they were offering would have suited us
as the type of holiday's they
offered would have not been our choice but it may suit others and be good
value for money.

So, the sales guy asked to see our letter and then went off to get the free
holiday. He came back and
proceeded to count out £50's worth of supermarket vouchers and handed us
these plus the free holiday.
Now we were not expecting these vouchers so were very pleased with that. To
be honest I thought the free
holiday was going to be a con and it turns out that it is very hard to
actually book where and when you go.
Also with the booking admin fee its not really free. We are not going to go
on the holiday, we will get a
cheap £99 deal last min instead and have some control over the departure
airport and destination and
also not have to worry about car hire and also not have to attend another
timeshare/points sales pitch. The
vouchers are already spent!!!!!!

In summary it wouldn't have been worth it if we didn't get the vouchers, I
don't really know why we got
them either, all I can imaging is we were half interested in listening and
finding out about the deal.

if you need to know more just ask.

Paul

lkabouttravelling.com...

[...]