Sorrento/Amalfi where to sleep

Old October 1st, 2004, 01:51 PM
Tim_M

Default Sorrento/Amalfi where to sleep

The family is spending a couple of nights either in the Sorrento or
Amalfi area in June 2005. We want to do Pompei and probably the Isle
of Capri. We have 2 teenagers who I'm sure would like to swim for at
least a few minutes in the Mediterranean so where should we stay? I'm
not looking for a 5 star resort (actually I'd like to but I can't
afford it). Any and all suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Tim
Old October 1st, 2004, 02:50 PM
manijama

try www.travelwhite.com

Ciao.

Old October 1st, 2004, 06:10 PM
jenn

Tim_M wrote:

The family is spending a couple of nights either in the Sorrento or
Amalfi area in June 2005. We want to do Pompei and probably the Isle
of Capri. We have 2 teenagers who I'm sure would like to swim for at
least a few minutes in the Mediterranean so where should we stay? I'm
not looking for a 5 star resort (actually I'd like to but I can't
afford it). Any and all suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Tim

for visits to Pompeii [fabulous place -- bring picnic and great guide
book] and Capri, you want to base in Sorrento -- you can just hop on the
train to Pompeii and the boats to Capri leave right from town. You can
take a bus down the Amalfi coast but it isn't a convenient base for
these other visits particularly Pompeii.

We stayed at Bellevue Syrene which has a 'beach' well a sort of bathing
dock as well as a roman spa in the basement which is kind of cool

Old October 1st, 2004, 07:54 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Sorrento at one of the smaller hotels just outside downtown. I like La
Tonarella but there are several others.

Old October 2nd, 2004, 05:19 AM
Carole Allen

The Desiree is up on the hill a 5 min walk south from downtown, looks
over the bay...it's been a few years since I was there but the rates
were reasonable, the rooms comfy, the bathrooms good, and the staff
friendly.