One way gouging

Old November 2nd, 2004, 08:44 PM
Marianna Rose

Default One way gouging

What is the deal with one way tickets? They're always almost as expensive
as round trip and sometimes on the net, one way isn't even an option. I
want to fly home and then drive my car back to school, but the prices are
ridiculous.
Old November 3rd, 2004, 08:06 PM
Sweetie Pie

In article KkShd.9313$vB.5362@trnddc03,
says...
What is the deal with one way tickets? They're always almost as expensive
as round trip and sometimes on the net, one way isn't even an option. I
want to fly home and then drive my car back to school, but the prices are
ridiculous.

Try:

http://studentuniverse.com

They do one-way and it's usually pretty inexpensive as far as those
things go.

Old November 4th, 2004, 02:09 AM
Service Tech

"Marianna Rose" wrote in message
What is the deal with one way tickets? They're always almost as expensive
as round trip and sometimes on the net, one way isn't even an option. I
want to fly home and then drive my car back to school, but the prices are
ridiculous.

If a round trip is cheaper, take it, and just don't use the return ticket.

Old November 4th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Ken Tough

Marianna Rose wrote:

What is the deal with one way tickets? They're always almost as expensive
as round trip and sometimes on the net, one way isn't even an option. I
want to fly home and then drive my car back to school, but the prices are
ridiculous.

The new low-cost airlines in europe (and here in s.africa) are making
a huge dent int traditional airlines' revenues, by looking at air
travel in the same way as bus travel. (After all, as public transport
it's nothing but a trumped-up bus). They are hitting at the one-way
scam which has existed for decades now, and sooner or later the
airlines will have to bite the big one and accept it to keep their
money coming in. The general reason they all combined to maintain
the scam for so long, is that in the past it led to empty seats.

In today's online marketplace, seats for each leg can be flogged
off like any other commodity.

--
Ken Tough