Swiss Alps - Need Help

Old November 20th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Soumyendu Sarkar

Default Swiss Alps - Need Help

Hi Friends

I will be visiting Switzerland and I am interested only in the scenic beauty
of the Alps. I am not really into adventure sports on this trip. Can you
please tell me how you compare / rate the scenic beauty of the following
places - Zermatt, Jungfraujoch-Interlaken, Chamonix, St. Moritz, Luzern. Can
you also share your perception of Glacier Express and Bernina Express.

It will be great if you can also suggest itinerary based on your experience.
I will be starting from Paris around noon time on 3rd December for either
Geneva or Chamonix. I need to return from Geneva to Paris on 8th morning.

thanks in advance

Soumyendu Sarkar

_________________________

Soumyendu Sarkar

check these cool sites

Yellowstone Virtual Tour

Affordable way to visit Alaska

Old November 20th, 2004, 11:35 AM
Keith Willshaw

"Soumyendu Sarkar" wrote in message
. net...
Hi Friends

I will be visiting Switzerland and I am interested only in the scenic
beauty of the Alps. I am not really into adventure sports on this trip.
Can you please tell me how you compare / rate the scenic beauty of the
following places - Zermatt, Jungfraujoch-Interlaken, Chamonix, St. Moritz,
Luzern. Can you also share your perception of Glacier Express and Bernina
Express.

Personally I like Lauterbrunnen, its less touristy than
Interlaken and makes an excellent base for touring
and the Jungfraujoch and being situated in a narrow
steep valley is spectacular

I have trimmed the less appropriate newsgroups and
added rec.travel.europe

Keith

Old November 20th, 2004, 09:46 PM
tish

I will be visiting Switzerland and I am interested only in the scenic
beauty
of the Alps. I am not really into adventure sports on this trip.

we really enjoyed Zermatt...it is a very different town and you can take the
train up to see the Matterhorn and then take the cable car up quite high and
be across from the peak...very beautiful
Luzern was rather touristy but fun
Chamonix, was spectacular

but if i were to get back to Switzerland...i will return to Zermatt

peace,
tish

Old November 20th, 2004, 11:19 PM
randee

Actually the best newsgroup for the question might be m.t.r.e
I got some good suggestions there.
--
wf.

Old November 21st, 2004, 06:47 AM
JuanElorza

Keith Willshaw a écrit :
"Soumyendu Sarkar" wrote in message
. net...

Hi Friends

I will be visiting Switzerland and I am interested only in the scenic
beauty of the Alps. I am not really into adventure sports on this trip.
Can you please tell me how you compare / rate the scenic beauty of the
following places - Zermatt, Jungfraujoch-Interlaken, Chamonix,

The town is situated deep in the valley, but there are many cable car to
see the Mont-Blanc, Aiguille Verte, Mer de Glace, and much more.
Personnaly I like the place.

http://www.chamonix.com/accueil.php?ling=En