Bad Customs experience at Auckland airport

Old April 11th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Ken Pisichko

Richard wrote:

Even mentioning 'Gomery' puts you in the Canadian bracket, and probably
even a secret Quebeker. Most Canadians don't care what goes on in the
Gomery trial (BTW, for non-Canadians, the Gomery inquiry is what one
Globe and Mail writer has called 'our Watergate'.) Difference is, nobody
here is all that interested, and by the way, haven't you noticed how
it's warming up? Hmm, Canada in the springtime...

Don't show general ignorance. Canadians know about the Manitoba Telephone
System (my ISP) - now privatized, but once run by the Manitoba Guv'ment -
because there were NO investors who wanted to "risk' their capital on a
venture as foolish as a telephone system.

What does "most" mean? Any empirical data to support your claim? You still
have not answered my question as to why names are needed? Setting up someone
for a libel suit are you??

And where is "here"? I did not realize you were in Winnipeg - the "here" of
which I speak. But then I have been mistaken before - usually by idle
chatter/white noise. I was under the impression that I am here and you are
"there".

Time to move on to something a bit more useful - like planning my next trip
to the USA next Saturday. Just for a few hours and then come back here.

Old April 11th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Frank Slootweg

On 9 Apr 2005 12:29:34 -0700, wrote:

219.88.94.165 = [ 219-88-94-165.jetstream.xtra.co.nz ]
inetnum: 219.88.0.0 - 219.88.127.255
netname: TIS-NZ
descr: Telecom Internet Services
descr: Auckland
country: NZ

yes just another useless Troll, he will go away some day.

Sherlock and Dr. Cath,

What do you find so interesting about me posting about my very bad
customs experience arriving at the *Auckland* airport from a computer
in *New Zealand*? And how does that make me a troll? Perhaps you'll
find that this post comes from a computer in Thailand. Guess what? I
had planned on a month in NZ but that experience spoiled my trip so
badly that I changed my return ticket and flew back just today. I
couldn't get away from that wretched country soon enough!

-Em

Read your own words laddie.

There would be far more than meets the eye *if* you had flown in from
BKK and were so searched.

I feel no need to 'defend' the OP, but:

What "*if*"? Are you calling him a liar? And please use grownup words
(like "Bangkok" in this case) instead of airport codes. Airport code
speak impresses exactly nobody and is confusing/irritating.

Not having a hotel booking is neither here nor there.

What does that mean?

So what was your reason in the first place to visit NZ?
YOu call it wretched just because the authorities were doing their
job.

He called it "wretched" *after* your "Interesting: Posting ip comes up
as: ..." response. So exactly *what* was "interesting" about his posting
IP?

As to doing their job. Probably they were, but do you consider a *2
hour* detainment/investigation to be normal? I don't.

Tut tut, how unfortunate. Are you aware that the NZ
authorities have personnel stationed in Thailand for a specific
purpose. Maybe they had wind of something eh.

BTW, thanks for the promo to Dr - but it doesn't take a PhD to figure
out a header.

No, it doesn't, but composing a sensible response is apparently
somewhat harder.

Cath

Old April 11th, 2005, 07:36 PM

On 11 Apr 2005 10:00:48 GMT, Frank Slootweg

[...]

LOL. Use grown up words ????
Why don't you just grow up period Frank.

For starters, I was replying to the writer. Under no circumstances
was it directed at *you*. YOu chose to read it.
So if you have a problem with what what I replied to the original
poster, tough ****.

Don't you think for one minute that the writer knew what BKK was?
Strange how others haven't had a problem with it but you have.

I don't give a rat's arse if you found the BKK confusing/irritating.
Oh it's like I post here a dozen times a day using 3 ltr IATA codes.

Please remember your own words the next time someone posts a code here
to correct them. And hey guess what Frank, it just might be me :-)
I shall watch your replies with close interest Frank.

Not having a hotel booking is neither here nor there.

What does that mean?

You know exactly what I mean Frankl.
Stop making an arse of yourself and your so called knowledge.

So what was your reason in the first place to visit NZ?
YOu call it wretched just because the authorities were doing their
job.

He called it "wretched" *after* your "Interesting: Posting ip comes up
as: ..." response. So exactly *what* was "interesting" about his posting
IP?

As to doing their job. Probably they were, but do you consider a *2
hour* detainment/investigation to be normal? I don't.

I don't give a toot what you think as if you didn't know by now Frank.
The authorities have a job to do and I will defend the authorities of
*any* country doing their job.
You on the otherhand, seem to have a problem with that.

Tut tut, how unfortunate. Are you aware that the NZ
authorities have personnel stationed in Thailand for a specific
purpose. Maybe they had wind of something eh.

BTW, thanks for the promo to Dr - but it doesn't take a PhD to figure
out a header.

No, it doesn't, but composing a sensible response is apparently
somewhat harder.

OMG. Go back and look at the replies you have made including those of
your socket puppet. Of course all your replies to this and
other newsgroups are so bloody perfect aren't they?

Again, why jump on my replies only when there are many others that are
utterly senseless.

So once again, Frank has found something to bitch to me about.
The no-brainer replies that often appear here from one particular
contributor are at your level then? Jeeze, you really should
get a *real* life Frank.

Cath

Old April 11th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Frank Slootweg

[...]

Please use grownup words (like "other person" in this case) instead of
abbreviations. Abbreviation speak impresses exactly nobody and is
confusing/irritating.

Fair enough. Not exactly the same category [1], but a somewhat valid
point nonetheless. BTW (Oops! :-)), in most cases it means "original
poster", i.e. the poster who posted the first article in the
(sub)thread.

Just wondering, is it OK (Oops!) to say "NZ"? :-)

[1] An airport code is not really an abbreviation and "OP" is general
Usenet speak, i.e. relevant to/on this medium, instead of (airline)
industry speak, i.e. not applicable to this medium/group/thread/etc..
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Frank Slootweg

[...]

[First failure to answer a specific question.]

And please use grownup words
(like "Bangkok" in this case) instead of airport codes. Airport code
speak impresses exactly nobody and is confusing/irritating.

LOL. Use grown up words ????
Why don't you just grow up period Frank.

For starters, I was replying to the writer. Under no circumstances
was it directed at *you*. YOu chose to read it.

Yes, I did, but you chose to respond in a public forum, so you will
get public responses.

So if you have a problem with what what I replied to the original
poster, tough ****.

[Adding offense language.]

Don't you think for one minute that the writer knew what BKK was?
Strange how others haven't had a problem with it but you have.

I don't give a rat's arse if you found the BKK confusing/irritating.
Oh it's like I post here a dozen times a day using 3 ltr IATA codes.

Please remember your own words the next time someone posts a code here
to correct them. And hey guess what Frank, it just might be me :-)
I shall watch your replies with close interest Frank.

Not having a hotel booking is neither here nor there.

What does that mean?

You know exactly what I mean Frankl.

No, I don't. That's why I am asking the question.

Stop making an arse of yourself and your so called knowledge.

So what was your reason in the first place to visit NZ?
YOu call it wretched just because the authorities were doing their
job.

He called it "wretched" *after* your "Interesting: Posting ip comes up
as: ..." response. So exactly *what* was "interesting" about his posting
IP?

[Second failure to answer a specific question.]

As to doing their job. Probably they were, but do you consider a *2
hour* detainment/investigation to be normal? I don't.

I don't give a toot what you think as if you didn't know by now Frank.
The authorities have a job to do and I will defend the authorities of
*any* country doing their job.
You on the otherhand, seem to have a problem with that.

No, I don't. Try to read instead of thinking that you know what people
think. The guy was annoyed for being detained/investigated that long. I
would be too (if they had no reason) and so would you.

Tut tut, how unfortunate. Are you aware that the NZ
authorities have personnel stationed in Thailand for a specific
purpose. Maybe they had wind of something eh.

BTW, thanks for the promo to Dr - but it doesn't take a PhD to figure
out a header.

No, it doesn't, but composing a sensible response is apparently
somewhat harder.

OMG. Go back and look at the replies you have made including those of
your socket puppet. Of course all your replies to this and
other newsgroups are so bloody perfect aren't they?

Indeed. Thanks for noticing.

Again, why jump on my replies only when there are many others that are
utterly senseless.

Don't be flattered. I don't only jump on your postings. I do the same
for other postings which do not make sense or/and attack a poster for no
good reason, etc..

Old April 11th, 2005, 10:04 PM

On 11 Apr 2005 19:54:07 GMT, Frank Slootweg

[...]

So? Sure it is a public forum. You have the choice to either
read it for what it's worth and walk away i.e. ignore, but no, Frank
being Frank, is not able to do that.

So if you have a problem with what what I replied to the original
poster, tough ****.

[Adding offense language.]

Oh dearie me.
You get what you deserve and nothing less.

Don't you think for one minute that the writer knew what BKK was?
Strange how others haven't had a problem with it but you have.

I don't give a rat's arse if you found the BKK confusing/irritating.
Oh it's like I post here a dozen times a day using 3 ltr IATA codes.

Please remember your own words the next time someone posts a code here
to correct them. And hey guess what Frank, it just might be me :-)
I shall watch your replies with close interest Frank.

Not having a hotel booking is neither here nor there.

What does that mean?

You know exactly what I mean Frankl.

No, I don't. That's why I am asking the question.

Oh dumbty doo. Are you **really** that dumb Frank - the one who
makes out they are such a worldly traveler?
You do whatever degree of sanity you may have showed a total
injustice.

Stop making an arse of yourself and your so called knowledge.

So what was your reason in the first place to visit NZ?
YOu call it wretched just because the authorities were doing their
job.

He called it "wretched" *after* your "Interesting: Posting ip comes up
as: ..." response. So exactly *what* was "interesting" about his posting
IP?

[Second failure to answer a specific question.]

There's nothing in the above worth wasting my time answering you
Frank.

As to doing their job. Probably they were, but do you consider a *2
hour* detainment/investigation to be normal? I don't.

I don't give a toot what you think as if you didn't know by now Frank.
The authorities have a job to do and I will defend the authorities of
*any* country doing their job.
You on the otherhand, seem to have a problem with that.

No, I don't. Try to read instead of thinking that you know what people
think. The guy was annoyed for being detained/investigated that long. I
would be too (if they had no reason) and so would you.

The guy was detained period *by authorities doing their job*.
You, like me, do not know the TRUE REASONS/S WHY.
All we had was the poster's side of the story.
It would have been better for the poster to shut up or better still
for you to stop defending him.

You know he had and still has the right to make a formal complaint.
Except he hasn't appeared as though he has had the brains to do so.
Wonder why eh?

So, get over it Frank and move on.

Tut tut, how unfortunate. Are you aware that the NZ
authorities have personnel stationed in Thailand for a specific
purpose. Maybe they had wind of something eh.

BTW, thanks for the promo to Dr - but it doesn't take a PhD to figure
out a header.

No, it doesn't, but composing a sensible response is apparently
somewhat harder.

OMG. Go back and look at the replies you have made including those of
your socket puppet. Of course all your replies to this and
other newsgroups are so bloody perfect aren't they?

Indeed. Thanks for noticing.

LOL. Yeah there's a few there where people have told you not so
politely to go to hell too.

Again, why jump on my replies only when there are many others that are
utterly senseless.

Don't be flattered.

Cripes, pass me the bucket.

I don't only jump on your postings. I do the same
for other postings which do not make sense or/and attack a poster for no
good reason, etc..

Oh heffer dust Frank.
Who the hell do you think you are anyway? Usenet's little Hilter
by the sound of it. [More likely a wannabe].

So once again, Frank has found something to bitch to me about.
The no-brainer replies that often appear here from one particular
contributor are at your level then? Jeeze, you really should
get a *real* life Frank.

And once again Frank, you really really should get a real life...

BTW your mate cannot be too far away now eh.

Cath

Old April 11th, 2005, 10:05 PM

On 11 Apr 2005 19:54:06 GMT, Frank Slootweg

[...]

Yawn Frank.
Stop attempting to be a right little dictator.

Hey, Usenet *has* changed over the years ya know.
You cannot control what is written and how.
Must **** you off hugely.....

Cath