Air France? Ptui!

Old October 24th, 2006, 04:33 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Default Air France? Ptui!

Magda writes:

: And you obviously haven't learned that sneering wisecracks do not
: a credible rebuttal make.

Your post is proof of it.

Oh? How so?

Geoff

--
"I mentally relieve in my pants." -- Jae-Im Woo

Old October 24th, 2006, 04:35 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Markku Grönroos blathers:

Perhaps you stop crossposting this filth to travel groups.

Perhaps you drop to your knobbies and plant a big, wet, sloppy
kiss right square on my left asscheek.

Geoff

--
"I mentally relieve in my pants." -- Jae-Im Woo

Old October 24th, 2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Markku Grönroos

"Geoff Miller" kirjoitti

This thread will eventually taper off and disappear on its own.
By sniveling and insulting people, though, you'll only prolong
it.

There is no need to crosspost this filth to five different groups. Perhaps
the only one this insane babble fits anyhow into is listed as the last
group.

2. they have nothing to do with travelling in Europe (which is
the scope in one of the crossposted groups)

You're already _in_ Europe, or at least are European. So what are
you doing readind that newsgroup anyway? Sounds like a waste of
time to me.

That's supposedly because you eat genetically manipulated corn (perhaps you
ought to trim your English a bit as well). There must be something very
wrong in North America. By far most faggots and crossposters seem to reside
there. Perhaps contaminated drinking water is one more reason for this
behaviour. Anyways, the usenet is arranged to tens of thousands of different
groups, more or less in hierarchic structure. Tags for the groups are
typically pretty self descriptive. Perhaps you oddball find your group(s).
rte it isn't. rte is for discussion on travelling in Europe. There are tons
of groups to which American barmies can and should post their drivel.

Old October 24th, 2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Ernie Klein

In article ,
Dick Locke wrote:

On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 04:43:01 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Dick Locke wrote:
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 01:16:20 GMT, mrtravel
wrote:

Dick Locke wrote:

that describes a successful hack of a voting machine that printed a
receipt that reflected the way a voter voted but recorded it
differently together with

If a malicious person got access to a paper ballot box, what could happen?

Do you always answer a question with a question? :-)

The point being that it is possible to cheat either system

Sigh...I'm not trying to pick an argument, I just am very curious to
know about the paper document the voting machine produced. Does it
produce one for each voter, and if so, what do you do with the
document.

I think I could be satisfied if it produced a "filled in paper ballot"
for each voter and you deposited it in a ballot box.

No argument, just a little information. Each State is free to pick it's
own voting system. Some States have picked a State wide system. Other
States, like California, allow each County to pick it's own system.
California has mandated that any electronic voting system put into place
by any County must have a paper trail.

The system that will be used in San Mateo County for the coming November
election is called "eSlate". After you have made all of your choices on
the touch screen, you press a button that caused the ballot to be
printed and viewed behind a window on the printer. If, and only if, all
of the printed match your actual choices, do you press the "Cast Ballot"
button which casts the ballot and retains the paper copy within the
printer.

It is up to the voter to make sure the paper record matches the choices
they have made, and not press the cast ballot button until they match.

In the event of a recount, the retained paper ballots can be hand
counted and matched against the machine results with the presumption
that the paper ballots are correct since the voter actually had the
chance to verify that they were correct before casting her vote.

I am not saying that this is the best, or worst system, only that this
is the system that will be used in many polling locations in San Mateo
County, California for the November election.

--
-Ernie-
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel[_1_]

wrote:

Dick Locke wrote:

that describes a successful hack of a voting machine that printed a
receipt that reflected the way a voter voted but recorded it
differently together with

If a malicious person got access to a paper ballot box, what could happen?

Do you always answer a question with a question? :-)

The point being that it is possible to cheat either system

Sigh...I'm not trying to pick an argument, I just am very curious to
know about the paper document the voting machine produced. Does it
produce one for each voter, and if so, what do you do with the
document.

It stays in the machine. Surely you have done research on the topic.
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:53 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel[_1_]

EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque) wrote:

On a "trial" basis, for use by those who want to vote early. They are
not used on election day in the regular polling places in California,

BS... If you don't know, don't make it up.
Of course they are being used on election day in regular polling places.
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel[_1_]

Geoff Miller wrote:

mrtravel writes:

What about the US patrols along the Yangtze as portrayed
in the book and movie, The Sand Pebbles?

"Get those slopeheads away from my ship!"

Heh...

Well, you could always aim a steam hose at them.
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:57 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel[_1_]

Geoff Miller wrote:

Dave Frightens Me writes:

Interesting. Nothing proven against anyone except the one Congressman
but you are ready to convict.

Oddly the same can be said for Bin Laden and Saddam Hussein.

Oddly, it couldn't. Bin Laden admitted al Qaeda's responsibility for
9/11 on one of his videotapes.

Recently someone admitted to killing Jon Benet Ramsey. In case you
haven't heard, he wasn't there.
Admitting to something doesn't mean you did it. Is there other evidence
or is that all you have?
Old October 24th, 2006, 04:58 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
mrtravel[_1_]

Markku Grönroos wrote:

Perhaps you stop crossposting this filth to travel groups.

What filth? It was a quote from a movie based on a book of a factual
account by someone who served there. Do you doubt US Navy sailors used
such words?
Old October 24th, 2006, 05:01 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,misc.consumers,soc.culture.french,alt.gossip.celebrities
Geoff Miller

Markku Grönroos writes:

: This thread will eventually taper off and disappear on its own.
: By sniveling and insulting people, though, you'll only prolong
: it.

There is no need to crosspost this filth to five different groups.

I can't help noticing that you're the only person who seems to be
bothered by it. Yours is something of a voice in the wilderness.
Maybe somone in your "travel newsgroup" who's more technically
proficient than you are, and who has more patience than I, can
explain how to use killfiles.

Perhaps the only one this insane babble fits anyhow into is listed
as the last group.

Alas, I don't read that group, so I'm afraid I can't be of much help
in that regard.

: You're already _in_ Europe, or at least are European. So what are
: you doing readind that newsgroup anyway? Sounds like a waste of
: time to me.

That's supposedly because you eat genetically manipulated corn
(perhaps you ought to trim your English a bit as well).

I suspect you ought to lay off the Finlandia vodka before posting.

My English is just fine. It's yours that's substandard.

There must be something very wrong in North America. By far most
faggots and crossposters seem to reside there.

That's an interesting assertion. From where do you obtain this cor-
relation between crossposting and homosexuality?

Perhaps contaminated drinking water is one more reason for this
behaviour.

I think not. We have the highest standard of living in the world,
with clean water to match.

Anyways, the usenet is arranged to tens of thousands of different
groups, more or less in hierarchic structure. Tags for the groups
are typically pretty self descriptive. Perhaps you oddball find
your group(s). rte it isn't. rte is for discussion on travelling
in Europe.

This thread *is* about traveling in Europe. Specifically, it's about
the linguistic challeneges therein.

There are tons of groups to which American barmies can and should
post their drivel.

What, pray tell, is a "barmie?"

Geoff

--
"I mentally relieve in my pants." -- Jae-Im Woo