Pet-friendly accommodation in Munich

Old November 11th, 2008, 02:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tristan Miller

Default Pet-friendly accommodation in Munich

Greetings.

I want to attend a two-week Goethe Institut course in Munich in January,
and need to bring my pet ferret with me. The Goethe Institut normally
arranges accommodation in a guest house for about €400 (€30 per night) but
they say they don't allow pets.

Does anyone know of a hotel, pension, or homestay which allows pets, has
single rooms for up to €30 per night, and is located within thirty minutes
(by public transit) of Sendlinger Tor?

Regards,
Tristan

--
_
_V.-o Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] Space is limited
Old November 11th, 2008, 04:17 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mel Amine

On 11 Nov, 15:04, Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

I want to attend a two-week Goethe Institut course in Munich in January,
and need to bring my pet ferret with me. *The Goethe Institut normally
arranges accommodation in a guest house for about €400 (€30 per night) but
they say they don't allow pets.

Does anyone know of a hotel, pension, or homestay which allows pets, has
single rooms for up to €30 per night, and is located within thirty minutes
(by public transit) of Sendlinger Tor?

Regards,
Tristan

--
* *_
* _V.-o *Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)] * *Space is limited
*/ |`-' *-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= * *In a haiku, so it's hard
(7_\\ * *http://www.nothingisreal.com/* *To finish what you

just hide it down your trousers...
Old November 11th, 2008, 07:49 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

I want to attend a two-week Goethe Institut course in Munich in January,
and need to bring my pet ferret with me. The Goethe Institut normally
arranges accommodation in a guest house for about €400 (€30 per night) but
they say they don't allow pets.

I know people frequently travel with their dogs and even cats on
occasion (although cats are less enthusiastic about travel). Unless you
are permanently relocating, why would you WANT to travel with a pet
ferret? Wouldn't it be easier to either board it at a veterinary
clinic, or have a friend take care of it for the two weeks? I don't
know about Europe, but in some parts of the U.S. one cannot legally KEEP
ferrets as pets, - California, for example.
Old November 11th, 2008, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerald Oliver Swift

Tristan Miller wrote:
Greetings.

I want to attend a two-week Goethe Institut course in Munich in January,
and need to bring my pet ferret with me. The Goethe Institut normally
arranges accommodation in a guest house for about ?400 (?30 per night)
but
they say they don't allow pets.

I know people frequently travel with their dogs and even cats on occasion
(although cats are less enthusiastic about travel). Unless you are
permanently relocating, why would you WANT to travel with a pet ferret?
Wouldn't it be easier to either board it at a veterinary clinic, or have a
friend take care of it for the two weeks? I don't know about Europe, but
in some parts of the U.S. one cannot legally KEEP ferrets as pets, -
California, for example.

I took Arnie, my pet ferret, on holiday to Monte Carlo last year.
He didn't bring me any luck on the gambling tables though.

Gerry

Old November 12th, 2008, 07:44 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:49:51 -0700 schrieb EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque):

I don't
know about Europe, but in some parts of the U.S. one cannot legally KEEP
ferrets as pets, - California, for example.

In Germany you can keep ferrets as pets, no problem. But I'm not sure what
kind of paperwork it requires at the border, when you bring your pet in the
country. Dogs have some kind of "passports" where their vaccinations are
stamped in. But a ferret? Could be a problem to get it over the border, so
check with the German customs first.

Regards,

Frank
Old November 12th, 2008, 08:14 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_4_]

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:44:31 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich wrote in post :
t :

Am Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:49:51 -0700 schrieb EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque):

I don't
know about Europe, but in some parts of the U.S. one cannot legally KEEP
ferrets as pets, - California, for example.

In Germany you can keep ferrets as pets, no problem. But I'm not sure what
kind of paperwork it requires at the border, when you bring your pet in the
country. Dogs have some kind of "passports" where their vaccinations are
stamped in. But a ferret? Could be a problem to get it over the border, so
check with the German customs first.

Regards,

Frank

it'd be more of a problem getting it back into the UK, I'd have thought.
--
Tim C.
Old November 12th, 2008, 09:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Wed, 12 Nov 2008 09:14:24 +0100 schrieb Tim C.:

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 08:44:31 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich wrote in post :
t :

Am Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:49:51 -0700 schrieb EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque):

I don't
know about Europe, but in some parts of the U.S. one cannot legally KEEP
ferrets as pets, - California, for example.

In Germany you can keep ferrets as pets, no problem. But I'm not sure what
kind of paperwork it requires at the border, when you bring your pet in the
country. Dogs have some kind of "passports" where their vaccinations are
stamped in. But a ferret? Could be a problem to get it over the border, so
check with the German customs first.

Regards,

Frank

it'd be more of a problem getting it back into the UK, I'd have thought.

Thats true. I didn't know where the OP was travelling from. The UK is quite
strict when it comes down to importing animals.

Regards,

Frank
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_4_]

On Tue, 11 Nov 2008 08:04:06 -0600, Tristan Miller wrote in post :
:

Tristan Miller [en,(fr,de,ia)]

What's "ia" ? Italian?
--
Tim C.
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tim C.[_4_]

On Wed, 12 Nov 2008 10:52:12 +0100, Frank Hucklenbroich wrote in post :
:

it'd be more of a problem getting it back into the UK, I'd have thought.

Thats true. I didn't know where the OP was travelling from. The UK is quite
strict when it comes down to importing animals.

now you mention it... I just assumed the UK.
--
Tim C.
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tristan Miller

Greetings.

In article , EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)
wrote:
Tristan Miller wrote:
I want to attend a two-week Goethe Institut course in Munich in January,
and need to bring my pet ferret with me. The Goethe Institut normally
arranges accommodation in a guest house for about €400 (€30 per night)
but they say they don't allow pets.

I know people frequently travel with their dogs and even cats on
occasion (although cats are less enthusiastic about travel). Unless you
are permanently relocating, why would you WANT to travel with a pet
ferret? Wouldn't it be easier to either board it at a veterinary
clinic, or have a friend take care of it for the two weeks? I don't
know about Europe, but in some parts of the U.S. one cannot legally KEEP
ferrets as pets, - California, for example.

Ferrets are highly portable: just stick it on your shoulder or in your
pocket, pack some ferret biscuits and your pet passport, and you're off.
They're also quite adventurous; mine loves to travel and has been all over
Europe. There's no problem taking them on trains and buses and ships,
though most airlines don't allow them. They're pretty much the ultimate
travel pet. I'd much sooner travel with a ferret than a cat (which
probably needs a cage) or a dog (which may need to make outdoor pitstops
at inopportune moments).

Regards,
Tristan

--