DAYS INN WARNING!!!

Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Becky[_2_]

Default DAYS INN WARNING!!!

"Todd Michel McComb" wrote in message
In article et,
singlemalt wrote:
My facts aren't altered at all. I called their 1-800 number on
their website and was flately told that my reservation is not
cancellable, regardless of what you may have found. I also called
the hotel and was told the same thing.

As others have said, it's the type of reservation you make. It
will tell you when you make it. You won't be able to cancel yours,
since you made one of the non-cancellable prepaid ones.

I've made both kinds with Days Inn. It depends on the dates and
the property what sorts of prices and availability there might be,
but this is obvious, right?

Obvious to most people that when a hotel says its " a special rate" or a
"pre paid rate" yeh, but some people just dont get it!

Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:05 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Becky[_2_]

"singlemalt" wrote in message
nk.net...

Thanks for all the attention and discussion, but none of the facts
are altered.

Ive just logged onto the Days inn site, gone through the process to book
a room for next week and it said the following:

"
We require a credit or debit card to confirm your reservation and
guarantee your room. Any required deposit or pre-payment will be charged
to this card immediately. Otherwise, your card will not be charged until
you check-out. Other charges may apply for local amenities like safe
warranties and telephone access. Local surcharges or service charges are
not included in the total room rate. Local taxes may be additional.
Please note that a change in the length or dates of your reservation may
result in a rate change. Please check with the property for further
details."

after where my payment information goes it also says the following:

"If you need to cancel, you must do so before 4:00 PM on July 9, 2007 or
your credit card will be charged for one night's stay. "

Your FACTS are altered hugely by the above!!!!

My facts aren't altered at all. I called their 1-800 number on their
website and was flately told that my reservation is not cancellable,
regardless of what you may have found. I also called the hotel and was
told the same thing. I will search for what you have posted above and , if
indeed it exists, will make another attempt to cancel.

because you booked one of their pre paid rates to get a cheaper proce,
theres nothgin wrong with that, lots of hotel(probably most) have a cheaper
rate if you pre pay and agree not to cancel, as it probably said when you
booked it but just didnt bother to read it!

Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:41 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-07-03 13:42:45 -0400, "singlemalt" said:

I had a good reason for
making such a mistake and should not have been posting in the condition I
was in, the therapeutic equivalent to drinking and dialing.

Reason, maybe. No excuse.

Old July 3rd, 2007, 08:43 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-07-03 13:42:45 -0400, "singlemalt" said:

I find this deplorable in not unconscionable.

In that better than "deplorable if not unconscionable"?

Old July 4th, 2007, 12:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

On Tue, 03 Jul 2007 17:42:45 GMT, "singlemalt"
wrote:

Allright already! I made mistake and did not stop to proof my posting. I
meant "noncancelable" as most of you understood.

Well, actually, many didn't including myself. Many
web-bookers include that restriction because of the much
cheaper rates being offered via the web.

It's one of the caveat emptor provisos of web-booking - read
the rules first.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltraveloz.blogspot.com/
latest: Kuranda Skyrail near Cairns
Old July 4th, 2007, 03:11 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Dennis P. Harris

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:56:42 GMT in rec.travel.usa-canada,
"singlemalt" wrote:

If you book with Days Inn on the internet, and probably any hotel in that
group, IT IS CONCANCELLABLE,no matter how far in advance you book. Beware!

if you book the cheapest prepaid rate, you're correct. you were
obviously too drunk to know what you were doing.

PLONK.

Old July 4th, 2007, 09:29 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Peter Lawrence

SMS wrote:
PeterL wrote:

He is complaining about the hotel canceling his reservation, not him
canceling his reservation.

Two weeks ago I had a reservation at La Quinta. Made on the La Quinta
web site. When I got to the hotel they had no record of the reservation
(though I had a printout with the confirmation number). The hotel was
full, but it was just past 6:00 p.m. so they gave us a rooms that had
been reserved without a credit card hold. It would have been a big
hassle if they had not had a room.

I think that the La Quinta computer probably canceled our reservation
because it was at a lower rate than they could charge someone else that
wanted a room there.

Was your room reserved without a credit card hold also? Or did you
guarantee it with a credit card?

If you had guaranteed the reservation with a credit card, then I still
would have complained to La Quinta's corporate headquarters about your
reservation snafu. The whole purpose of guaranteeing your reservation
with a credit card is to ensure that your reservation isn't canceled
even if you check-in late.

- Peter
Old July 4th, 2007, 03:37 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SMS

Peter Lawrence wrote:

Was your room reserved without a credit card hold also? Or did you
guarantee it with a credit card?

Guaranteed.

If you had guaranteed the reservation with a credit card, then I still
would have complained to La Quinta's corporate headquarters about your
reservation snafu. The whole purpose of guaranteeing your reservation
with a credit card is to ensure that your reservation isn't canceled
even if you check-in late.

The hotel said that they would complain to them about it. It wasn't the
hotel's fault, each property is independently owned and operated, the
fault was with the corporate reservation system, and the manager said
that this problem occurs regularly.

La Quinta has little signs (and big signs) around their properties
explaining what La Quinta means in Spanish:

"La Quinta is Spanish for Free Wireless"
"La Quinta is Spanish for Conserve Water"

I guess they forgot:

"La Quinta is Spanish for We Lost Your Reservation"

It was actually a very good La Quinta, with indoor corridors, an indoor
pool and spa, free fresh chocolate chip cookies in the evening, and very
clean and quiet (despite being next to I-5). This was in Grants Pass
Oregon. I had stayed at a La Quinta in Sacramento, near the American
River Bike Path, and it was very noisy, and not as clean.

Old July 5th, 2007, 07:34 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Peter Lawrence

SMS wrote:
Peter Lawrence wrote:

Was your room reserved without a credit card hold also? Or did you
guarantee it with a credit card?

Guaranteed.

If you had guaranteed the reservation with a credit card, then I still
would have complained to La Quinta's corporate headquarters about your
reservation snafu. The whole purpose of guaranteeing your reservation
with a credit card is to ensure that your reservation isn't canceled
even if you check-in late.

The hotel said that they would complain to them about it. It wasn't the
hotel's fault, each property is independently owned and operated, the
fault was with the corporate reservation system, and the manager said
that this problem occurs regularly.

Have you had the same type of reservation problems at other La Quintas?
If not, then I suspect it's just a problem with the Grant Pass La
Quinta that you stayed at. Usually these large corporate hotel chain's
reservations systems are well designed and reliable (think about all the
chaos it would create if they weren't).

So I think it might be more about "operator error" on part of the
hotel's front desk staff than about a flaky computerized reservation system.

- Peter
Old July 6th, 2007, 07:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
David Gee

"B Vaughan" wrote in message

That's actually a nicely invented word, one word combining meanings
from two words.

What Lewis Carroll called a portmanteau word.

Whoops! You seem to have strayed over here from r.t.e. Pack up your
portmanteau and hit the rode ... rope ... rhode ... rats