Airteks' Trip Planner

Old June 22nd, 2004, 07:11 PM
Newbie

Default Airteks' Trip Planner

I am new to multicity travel and have enjoyed planning trips with
Airtreks.com's Trip Planner. I am curious how realistic the
auto-gerenated prices are? Any comments from those who have
used it would be appreciated.

If you have a few RTW or multicity agencies, I would appreciate any
positive or negative feedback.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 06:02 AM
Miguel Cruz

Newbie Nobody wrote:
I am new to multicity travel and have enjoyed planning trips with
Airtreks.com's Trip Planner. I am curious how realistic the
auto-gerenated prices are? Any comments from those who have
used it would be appreciated.

Unfortunately I don't think it's much of a substitute for actually dealing
with a travel agent (such as one of the people at AirTreks). On a
complicated trip there are too many variables that can have huge impacts on
price and availability. Re-ordering a couple destinations might save you
$500. It could take you hours to figure that out with the trip planner (or
it might never occur to you to try). An agent who knows what they're doing
can tell you that right away.

miguel
Old June 23rd, 2004, 06:48 AM
Newbie

Unfortunately I don't think it's much of a substitute for actually dealing
with a travel agent (such as one of the people at AirTreks). On a
complicated trip there are too many variables that can have huge impacts on
price and availability. Re-ordering a couple destinations might save you
$500. It could take you hours to figure that out with the trip planner (or
it might never occur to you to try). An agent who knows what they're doing
can tell you that right away.

Thanks. Do you (and others) have a favorite agent/agency to recommend?
Old June 23rd, 2004, 06:59 AM
Miguel Cruz

Newbie Nobody wrote:
Unfortunately I don't think it's much of a substitute for actually dealing
with a travel agent (such as one of the people at AirTreks). On a
complicated trip there are too many variables that can have huge impacts on
price and availability. Re-ordering a couple destinations might save you
$500. It could take you hours to figure that out with the trip planner (or
it might never occur to you to try). An agent who knows what they're doing
can tell you that right away.

Thanks. Do you (and others) have a favorite agent/agency to recommend?

I've had good luck with them as well as with AirBrokers. Shop around but be
sensitive to the fact that it takes the agents a long time to work out
complicated itineraries and they don't get paid unless you buy.

miguel
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:53 AM
AKT

Miguel Cruz wrote:

I've had good luck with them as well as with AirBrokers. Shop around
but be sensitive to the fact that it takes the agents a long time to
work out complicated itineraries and they don't get paid unless you buy.

I understand. I wouldn't mind if they charged a small fee, say $25, for
an exact quote (as opposed to estimates which should be free). Not that
the money compensates for the time, but it could keep truly frivolous
inquiries away. In fact that's what I like about Airtreks' Trip
Planner: I can direct all my frivolous daydreaming at it without
bothering a soul.