Ping ATB.

Old January 28th, 2008, 10:21 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Default Ping ATB.

Greg Procter wrote:
"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

Sarah, I'll say this only a hundred thousand times ... I don't lie.

You stated it was easier for someone in Singapore to obtain cigars from
Cuba than from New Zealand.

"... Cuban ..."

Of course, you really have to post edit ...

From "Cuban"? Why would I say "From Cuban" instead of "From Cuba"?

sigh ... _Cuban_ cigars from ... sheesh
Duhh and double Duhh!

What other kind of cigars would I be referring to, if I am talking about
Cuba? Did I have to add this to the statement?
You indicated late in the conversation that it had nothing to do with
online ordering, like you now expected it was easier for him to actually
go to Cuba to get them, than to order them from New Zealand. You NEVER
pointed him at a source that he could legally buy them from without
going to Cuba.
Old January 28th, 2008, 10:23 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,rec.travel.air
Mr. Travel

Greg Procter wrote:

If you were to stop ranting and think for a moment - well perhaps in
your case for a long time - you might be able to tell me what your
Constitution is intended for. Then we can consider the difference with
what the NZ constitution stands for.
I know it's tough, but try to bear with me on this one.

What difference does it make what the US Constitution stands for.

The issue is whether or not NZ had a constitution.
According to the NZ government, the answer is "yes".
Old January 28th, 2008, 06:24 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,rec.travel.air
Sarah Czepiel

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:45:30 +1300, Greg Procter
wrote:

:Sarah Czepiel wrote:
:
: On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:35:29 +1300, Greg Procter
: wrote:
:
: :Sarah Czepiel wrote:
: :
: : On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:56:39 GMT, Larry in AZ
: : wrote:
: :
: : :Waiving the right to remain silent, "Mr. Travel" said:
: : :
: : : Greg Procter wrote:
: : :
: : : Sarah, I'll say this only a hundred thousand times ... I don't lie.
: : :
: : : You stated it was easier for someone in Singapore to obtain cigars from
: : : Cuba than from New Zealand.
: : :
: : :He insisted for several weeks that New Zealand didn't have a Constitution.
: :
: : Then there's his " Shah of Iraq " claim.
: :
: :
: :Laugh ... you all went for that one for weeks!
:
: Oh come on Greg. We simply ignored your silly comment. You have so
: many....
:
:
:Good one Sara, keep that up and you'll eventually start to believe it!

I've always believed you thought there was a " Shah of Iraq", Greg.
Just as you think NZ doesn't have a written constitution.
Old January 28th, 2008, 07:39 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa, rec.travel.air
Saint Lumpy

On Jan 27, 11:50*pm, Greg Procter wrote:

Now, what is the point of the US Constitution?
If you can answer that then I can explain the difference with the NZ
constitution.

Another excellent question by the excellent Procter.

The point of the US Constitution is to protect the citizens from the
government.
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:21 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,rec.travel.air
Greg Procter

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:
"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

Sarah, I'll say this only a hundred thousand times ... I don't lie.

You stated it was easier for someone in Singapore to obtain cigars from
Cuba than from New Zealand.

"... Cuban ..."

Of course, you really have to post edit ...

From "Cuban"? Why would I say "From Cuban" instead of "From Cuba"?

sigh ... _Cuban_ cigars from ... sheesh
Duhh and double Duhh!

What other kind of cigars would I be referring to, if I am talking about
Cuba? Did I have to add this to the statement?

Absolutely.
One can buy Cuban cigars from Spain, Switzerland, New Zealand ...
One can buy Honduran cigars from the US, Canada ...
One can buy Porto Rican cigars from ...
Spanish cigars ...
Portugese cigars from ...
New Zealand cigars from ...

Of course our discussion needs to be narrowed down to 'Cuban cigars'.

You indicated late in the conversation that it had nothing to do with
online ordering, like you now expected it was easier for him to actually
go to Cuba to get them, than to order them from New Zealand. You NEVER
pointed him at a source that he could legally buy them from without
going to Cuba.

There are more than just the two options.
I've been buying goods from other countries for 45 years, the first few
decades at least there was no such thing as the modern internet.
Cubans obviously haven't greatly taken up the Internet so far, but
assuming they are normal human beings like the rest of us they are keen
to sell their products.
Contact a Cuban and ask him/her. It's that simple.

Greg.P.
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:37 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,rec.travel.air
Greg Procter

"Mr. Travel" wrote:

Greg Procter wrote:

If you were to stop ranting and think for a moment - well perhaps in
your case for a long time - you might be able to tell me what your
Constitution is intended for. Then we can consider the difference with
what the NZ constitution stands for.
I know it's tough, but try to bear with me on this one.

What difference does it make what the US Constitution stands for.

The issue is whether or not NZ had a constitution.
According to the NZ government, the answer is "yes".

The New Zealand Government has a constitution.
You'll notice I write "US Constitution" - that refers to one of the
"Founding Documents" of the United States and the United States form of
government.
It is, if I understand the situation correctly, something that US
citizens consider important to their rights etc.
The NZ Government constitution, on the other hand is a total irrelevance
to government and rights here in New Zealand.
Our 'Rights' are set out in the Magna Carta of 1215 and Law Precedence
since that date. In fact they are set out in reverse, the Law and
Precedence tells us what we _can't_ do and the Magna Carta tells our
Government what it _can't_ do.
That leaves everything else as our 'freedoms and rights'. You poor
yanks, on the other hand, have a very limited, defined set of "rights
and freedoms" which cannot be added to if situations change, without
major effort, and a government that can withdraw or restrict those
rights when it feels the need or can make profits by doing so.
The UN considers that thick people need a list of their actual 'rights'
spelled out, so the NZ Government obliged with a short listing to put on
their web-site. It's not a legally binding document - it can't be
because it cannot possibly list all the rights we enjoy and that you
don't.

Regards,
Greg.P.
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:48 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,rec.travel.air
Greg Procter

wrote:

:Sarah Czepiel wrote:
:
: On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:35:29 +1300, Greg Procter
: wrote:
:
: :Sarah Czepiel wrote:
: :
: : On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:56:39 GMT, Larry in AZ
: : wrote:
: :
: : :Waiving the right to remain silent, "Mr. Travel" said:
: : :
: : : Greg Procter wrote:
: : :
[...]

Silly you Sarah - I made a spelling error initially and then continued
with it because (a) context, and (b) you didn't notice.

Just as you think NZ doesn't have a written constitution.

My point is that the "constitution" the NZ Government has displayed on
it's web-site is not a "Constitution" in the sense that the US one is to
the US.
Yours is a Founding Document, on which your Government is partially
based and which is in place to protect your "rights".
Ours is irrelevant to our form of government and our rights.

Do you see the difference?

You have a "Constitution".
We have a "constitution".
Old January 28th, 2008, 08:53 PM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,rec.travel.air
Greg Procter

Greg Procter wrote:

If you were to stop ranting and think for a moment - well perhaps in
your case for a long time - you might be able to tell me what your
Constitution is intended for. Then we can consider the difference with
what the NZ constitution stands for.
I know it's tough, but try to bear with me on this one.

What difference does it make what the US Constitution stands for.

The issue is whether or not NZ had a constitution.
According to the NZ government, the answer is "yes".

Groggy, the dissembler...

We have a 'constitution' on a government website.
You have a supermarket docket from your weekend grocery shopping.
I have a supermarket docket from my weekend grocery shopping.

None of those is relevant to government and citizens rights.

My supermarket docket is the most valuable of those to me because it
would allow me to get a refund on any below standard goods.
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:57 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,rec.travel.air
Sarah Czepiel

On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 08:48:44 +1300, Greg Procter
wrote:

:Sarah Czepiel wrote:
:
: On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:45:30 +1300, Greg Procter
: wrote:
:
: :Sarah Czepiel wrote:
: :
: : On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:35:29 +1300, Greg Procter
: : wrote:
: :
: : :Sarah Czepiel wrote:
: : :
: : : On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:56:39 GMT, Larry in AZ
: : : wrote:
: : :
: : : :Waiving the right to remain silent, "Mr. Travel" said:
: : : :
: : : : Greg Procter wrote:
: : : :
[...]

A. We did notice. B. We didn't care because we know you're a fool.
C. You claimed it was a joke. D. As usual you're full of ****.

: Just as you think NZ doesn't have a written constitution.
:
:
:My point is that the "constitution" the NZ Government has displayed on
:it's web-site is not a "Constitution" in the sense that the US one is to
:the US.
:Yours is a Founding Document, on which your Government is partially
:based and which is in place to protect your "rights".
:Ours is irrelevant to our form of government and our rights.
:
:Do you see the difference?
:
:You have a "Constitution".
:We have a "constitution".

Your argument was that NZ had no "written" Constitution when in fact
NZ does have a written constitution.
Old January 29th, 2008, 03:31 AM posted to alt.nuke.the.usa,rec.travel.air
Greg Procter

wrote:

:Sarah Czepiel wrote:
:
: On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 20:45:30 +1300, Greg Procter
: wrote:
:
: :Sarah Czepiel wrote:
: :
: : On Mon, 28 Jan 2008 14:35:29 +1300, Greg Procter
: : wrote:
: :
: : :Sarah Czepiel wrote:
: : :
: : : On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 08:56:39 GMT, Larry in AZ
: : : wrote:
: : :
: : : :Waiving the right to remain silent, "Mr. Travel" said:
: : : :
: : : : Greg Procter wrote:
: : : :
[...]

Yes Sarah, even you managed to get the capitalization right this time.

We don't have one of those Constitution thingies the US has. We do have
something labelled "constitution" that has been written down, it's not
like the US one.