Ft. Lauderdale vs. Miami Airport

Old April 28th, 2004, 03:10 AM
Jo

Default Ft. Lauderdale vs. Miami Airport

We have booked a large family cruise (10 adults, 7 children between 3 and
14) on the Carnival Paradise the week of August 29 and will be flying in
from Philadelphia. We have an opportunity to save at least $100 per person
if we travel through Ft. Lauderdale instead of. Miami. Can anyone tell me
the pros and cons (other than the obvious HUGE savings) of traveling via
either airport and getting to the cruise? While we have booked our airfare
separate from the cruise line, we will be using Carnival's transfer system
to get to the Port of Miami.

Thanks in advance!

Remove NO and SPAM to reply

Old April 28th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Mike Cordelli

It will take a bit longer to get to and from the port from Lauderdale, but
tons of people do it every cruise. if you are saving at least $100 per
person, that's a ton of money, go for it.

nk.net...

Old April 28th, 2004, 04:31 AM
Greg Hartwig

No question, choose FLL. It should not take to much longer and I find FLL to
be a MUCH nicer experience. A lot smaller and not nearly as hectic or
crowded.

nk.net...

Old April 28th, 2004, 05:03 AM

Miami was a madhouse ,it took over three hours just to get thru
security! Almost missed our flight back to Philly! That was on a Sunday
three weeks ago!

BILL

Old April 28th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Eileen Garland

I would recommend you skip Carnival's transfer system. Five of us took
a limo from FLL to Miami last May for $100. That's probably no more
than you'd pay for Carnival's bus, and we had no lines and no waiting
and we arrived in the lap of luxury.

Eileen

Old April 28th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Deb

We have flown in/out of both airports and prefer Ft Lauderdale. For 100
dollar pp savings, I would definately go with FLL.

Deb

--
to reply by e-mail remove nospam
Old April 28th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Mason Barge

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 02:10:08 GMT, "Jo"
wrote:

We have booked a large family cruise (10 adults, 7 children between 3 and
14) on the Carnival Paradise the week of August 29 and will be flying in
from Philadelphia. We have an opportunity to save at least $100 per person
if we travel through Ft. Lauderdale instead of. Miami. Can anyone tell me
the pros and cons (other than the obvious HUGE savings) of traveling via
either airport and getting to the cruise? While we have booked our airfare
separate from the cruise line, we will be using Carnival's transfer system
to get to the Port of Miami.

Thanks in advance!

FLL is always a nicer airport than MIA and on weekends, especially
Sundays, MIA can be a complete zoo with huge delays. There would be
no doubt in my mind.

And I'd find cheaper transportation from FLL to MIA than Carnival's
bus,too.

Mason Barge

"If this is coffee, please bring me some tea. If this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
-- Abraham Lincoln
Old April 29th, 2004, 05:46 AM
Thomas Smith

FLL is a smaller airport, but still has excellent service. The only real
disadvantage is that it takes fifteen minutes longer each way to get to and
from the port of Miami.

Carnival charges about $20/person each way for their transfer service.
Tri-County Airport Express (www.floridalimo.com) charges $15/person each
way. You can also get a taxi-van or two for $65 a carload.

Tom Smith

nk.net...

Old April 29th, 2004, 06:21 PM
joyce1155

Tri county, has a podium right outside bag. claim and with no advance
reservations has town cars that will hold 4 people ( with one pass sitting up
front) and their luggage for $55 or$ 60 plus tip to miami. No waiting for a
bus, the town car is there in seconds. You can make advance reservations and I
think prepay for the pickup at Miami after the cruise to FLL. We just caught a
cab for an agreed upon price of $55 plus tip for the return trip.