Kilimanjaro

Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:04 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

Default Kilimanjaro

I want to climb Kilimanjaro in either Nov-Dec 2007 or Feb.2008.

Any comments on which is the preferred time would be appreciated.

I was hoping to fly to Nairobi and go by ground transportation and
book my ascent trip upon arrival. I would probably climb Meru first.

Any comments assistance would be appreciated-espesially on the satety
aspect of the Kenya transfer.

Old June 25th, 2007, 08:57 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

Both Kili and Meru are in Tanzania, so flying into Dar es Salaam or
directly to Kilimanjaro International Airport is a much better bet,
and will be quicker, safer, and cheaper in the long run.

I would book with a reputable outfit before coming to Tanzania. You
will find that the better outfits are fully booked most of the time,
and you cannot climb Kili without guides. (I'm not sure about Meru).

Do you have any experience of climbing at above 4500m? If not, I'd
strongly recommend that you do some research into it. Climbing
Kilimanjaro isn't something that one can safely do without
preparation. At 5895m it is potentially a VERY dangerous place to be.

Regards,
Marc

Old July 3rd, 2007, 10:57 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
[email protected]

On Jun 23, 8:04 am, wrote:
I want to climb Kilimanjaro in either Nov-Dec 2007 or Feb.2008.

Any comments on which is the preferred time would be appreciated.

I was hoping to fly to Nairobi and go by ground transportation and
book my ascent trip upon arrival. I would probably climb Meru first.

Any comments assistance would be appreciated-espesially on the satety
aspect of the Kenya transfer.

Hallo
We would like to offer assistance on the Kenyan transfers and also
advise about the safety.Kindly respond to this E-mail and also let as
know if you would like us to cost the Meru package for you before you
proceed to Tanzania.Your positive response will highly be appriciated
thanks in advance for choosing to use our services.