Night train from Rome to Zurich

Old March 4th, 2005, 03:20 AM
Brett

Default Night train from Rome to Zurich

I'm planning to take this train from Rome to Zurich:
http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reiselust/e...night-roma.htm.
On that page, it mentions:

The price of 61 Swiss francs is the same for all three destinations and
includes the fare for a single journey in the couchette coach, the
reservation fee for the couchette berth and a small breakfast served in the
couchette coach.

Does the above mean I'll get a bed on the train included in the 61 CHF? Is
this possibility the best deal for the route?

Also, are the Rome and Zurich terminals easy to find?
Roma Termini
Zürich HB

Thanks,
Brett

Old March 4th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Patrick Seemann

I'm planning to take this train from Rome to Zurich:
http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reiselust/e...night-roma.htm.

Does the above mean I'll get a bed on the train included in the 61 CHF?

Yes.

Is this possibility the best deal for the route?

Definitively :-) But as you probably noticed the deal is only valid for
specific trains (as listed on the web page).

Also, are the Rome and Zurich terminals easy to find?
Roma Termini Zürich HB

Don't know about Rome, but Zurich HB is in the center of the city, you
can't miss it.

Gruss, Patrick

Old March 4th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Helmut Uttenthaler

"Patrick Seemann" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
I'm planning to take this train from Rome to Zurich:

http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reiselust/e...night-roma.htm.

Does the above mean I'll get a bed on the train included
in the 61 CHF?

Yes.

Is this possibility the best deal for the route?

Definitively :-) But as you probably noticed the deal is
only valid for specific trains (as listed on the web page).

And the low fare tickets are limited, so it's necessary to book far in advance
to get this cheap fare (especially when travelling at peak times).

--
Helmut Uttenthaler,
Graz

Old March 4th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Brett

Do you know how to purchase a ticket from the site. There is a booking link
below the details for a trip but there isn't a place to actually make the
purchase. Just show an itinerary, which isn't saved.

Thanks,
Brett
"Helmut Uttenthaler" wrote in message
t...
"Patrick Seemann" schrieb im
Newsbeitrag

Old March 4th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Patrick Seemann

Brett wrote:

Do you know how to purchase a ticket from the site. There is a booking link
below the details for a trip but there isn't a place to actually make the
purchase. Just show an itinerary, which isn't saved.

From the "SparNight Roma" page: "Sale at all train stations and travel
agents. Not available on the Internet."

Gruss, Patrick

Old March 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM
B Vaughan

On 4 Mar 2005 07:36:42 GMT, (Patrick
Seemann) wrote:

I'm planning to take this train from Rome to Zurich:
http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reiselust/e...night-roma.htm.

Also, are the Rome and Zurich terminals easy to find?
Roma Termini Zürich HB

Don't know about Rome, but Zurich HB is in the center of the city, you
can't miss it.

The Roma Termini station is the main train station in Rome.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:03 PM
B Vaughan

On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 07:24:44 -0500, "Brett" wrote:

Do you know how to purchase a ticket from the site. There is a booking link
below the details for a trip but there isn't a place to actually make the
purchase. Just show an itinerary, which isn't saved.

It says on the main page:

" Sale at all train stations and travel agents. Not available on the
Internet."

Old March 4th, 2005, 03:13 PM
B Vaughan

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 22:20:24 -0500, "Brett" wrote:

I'm planning to take this train from Rome to Zurich:
http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reiselust/e...night-roma.htm.
On that page, it mentions:

The price of 61 Swiss francs is the same for all three destinations and
includes the fare for a single journey in the couchette coach, the
reservation fee for the couchette berth and a small breakfast served in the
couchette coach.

I took a similar train from Milan to Paris. The couchette is a bunk in
a shared cabin. There are four bunks in first class, six in second
class. The "small breakfast" never materialized in one direction, and
was better avoided in the other direction. Also, I would advise you to
bring snacks and especially water to drink, as there was no
refreshment car on the train, not even the little trolley with
refreshments that usually circulates in a long distance train. The
water in the bathrooms was labelled as non potable.

Other than that, the bunks were very comfortable and the price was
exceptional. I don't know if this train is the same as the one I took,
but it sounds the same. It was air-conditioned and fairly new, rather
different from the old-style couchettes. The entire train was composed
of couchettes, and they were not really designed to be turned into
seats. I guess you could say it was a rolling youth hostel.
Old March 4th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Lennart Petersen

"Brett" skrev i meddelandet
I'm planning to take this train from Rome to Zurich:
http://mct.sbb.ch/mct/en/reiselust/e...night-roma.htm.
On that page, it mentions:

The price of 61 Swiss francs is the same for all three destinations and
includes the fare for a single journey in the couchette coach, the
reservation fee for the couchette berth and a small breakfast served in
the couchette coach.

Does the above mean I'll get a bed on the train included in the 61 CHF?
Is this possibility the best deal for the route?

Obviously true as it's from SBB site. Bear in mind it's a limited number
of tickets sold.
You'll get a bed in a 6 berth compartment and this price seem to be very
good.

Also, are the Rome and Zurich terminals easy to find?
Roma Termini
Zürich HB

They can't be more central located and easy to find as they're more or less
the midpoints in the cities.

Thanks,
Brett