Continental threats

Old September 10th, 2003, 12:12 AM

Default Continental threats

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 00:49:25 -0500, "Te Canaille"
wrote:

"Robert Sawatsky" wrote in message om...
"Te Canaille" wrote in message news:Q6b7b.43885$uh6.41692@lakeread05...

Nothing
was ever mentioned about the size of this duffle until a recent flight to Cleveland. Continental gladly accepted my duffle on

the
first leg from Baton Rouge to Cleveland but when checking it on the return flight the ticket agent, a man asked about the bag's
contents. The truthful reply was given. "This bag is oversized and will cost $ 80.00 extra." "Whoa, I no one has ever mentioned

this
before, besides this is a return flight ( #1645 Cleveland to Houston ) and Continental accepted this duffle on the first leg.

You certainly have a choice not to fly Continental but your choice to
not use etickets domestically is severely limited already and will
only get more limited.

Of course, this is again one of those cases where you should have
known the rules about baggage size limits. Why get mad at the airline
for enforcing their rules. They all have similar rules, you're just
lucky to have gotten away with it this long.

Since this was a return flight it may be arguable that I should have known the rules. They got me to Cleveland without saying a
word then then when I raised that issue threatened to use my credit card number which was used to obtain E-tickets. If they had
raised that issue on the first leg of the trip I would have had the opportunity to return the gear to my auto. Once in Cleveland I
had no options.
Airlines have always had travelers over a barrel but now armed with your credit card number should they be allowed to threaten
or even take monies out of your account without authorization ? Of course not and legally I think they'd be liable for unauthorized
use of a credit card. Using possession of your credit card number to intimidate or harasss is simply unacceptable. Sorry you can't
see the logic of this.

Te Canaille

Of course you did, you cheap clown. Send it airfreight. Send it
Fedex. Send it UPS, etc., etc. Do you not even know that? The only
issue here is they did you a favor the first time and you rant on like
a little child that they wouldn't do it again. Try taking some
responsibility for your own actions and grow up.