Hotwire Question.

Old August 27th, 2008, 05:58 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

Default Hotwire Question.

Hi all

I booked a hotel room in Las Vegas for next month for 3 nights. I
booked for 1 person, although my cousin may be there at the same time.
Was hoping to be able to share the room with and spilt the bill in
half. Anyone know if the hotel will allow the extra person or not.
Please reply if know either way.

Thanks
M. Graham
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:08 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Alan S[_1_]

On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 21:58:42 -0700 (PDT),
" wrote:

Hi all

I booked a hotel room in Las Vegas for next month for 3 nights. I
booked for 1 person, although my cousin may be there at the same time.
Was hoping to be able to share the room with and spilt the bill in
half. Anyone know if the hotel will allow the extra person or not.
Please reply if know either way.

Thanks
M. Graham

Tell them you brought the wife, or partner, as appropriate.
Why the heck would they care provided you pay the bill for a
double.

I always book for 2 in the USA, the tariff is the same. I've
only found it different in Europe and Asia where there is
often a significant saving for a single.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_s/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Old August 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Steve Cain

No problem. The Hotwire default is an accomodation for two people. It's
very easy also in doing the web thing to inadvertantly leave the 2nd off.
They know this. s

Old August 29th, 2008, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
SS[_2_]

might be a problem if theres only one bed in the room! whislt the room is
guarenteed for 2 people Hotwire do not guarentee 2 beds!

Old September 1st, 2008, 12:54 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Patricia Martin Steward

On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 21:02:30 +0100, "SS" wrote:

might be a problem if theres only one bed in the room! whislt the room is
guarenteed for 2 people Hotwire do not guarentee 2 beds!

True... but if you call the hotel ahead of time and ask for two beds,
chances are very good you'll get them.
--
Face your fears.
Live your dreams.