SHOPPING IN SHANGHAI

Old April 11th, 2004, 12:14 PM
selena

Default SHOPPING IN SHANGHAI

Guys,you know, That's just a spelling mistake!!!!!! I'm a Chinese,
English is NOT my mother language!! Does such a small mistake worth
laughing??
Do you have the ablity to write something in Chinese????
Old April 11th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Dieter Aaaa

"selena" schreef in bericht
om...
Guys,you know, That's just a spelling mistake!!!!!! I'm a Chinese,
English is NOT my mother language!! Does such a small mistake worth
laughing??
Do you have the ablity to write something in Chinese????

Yes, I do:
????

Hey, Selena, don't be upset. We were just joking.

Here is my next question:
Can I use my GPS system
in Shanghai ?
in the rest of China ?

And here is another question:
What's your opinion about the Fudan university
What's your personal quality rating
Is the Fudan university famous (for economic or business education) ?

D.

Old April 11th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Edwardseco

In article , SP
writes:

Personally, I look forward to the massage (dreaming on).
edwardseco

The medium is the massage.
-- Marshall McRuhan

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

I needed that laugh!
edwardseco
Old April 12th, 2004, 12:37 PM
selena

Dieter Aaaa:
You can use GPS system in Shanghai. But I don't know if it is OK
in the rest of China.
Fudan university, very famous. But in shanghai, Fudan is more
concern about Arts while Jiaotong University concern about science and
economic.
By the way, Are you planning to study in Shanghai?
Old April 13th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Bob Myers

"selena" wrote in message
om...
Dieter Aaaa:
You can use GPS system in Shanghai. But I don't know if it is OK
in the rest of China.

The GPS system works basically worldwide (well, at least in just
about any location you're likely to be visiting; as I recall, near
the Poles it becomes difficult).

I can't answer this, of course, if the question is whether or not
the local authorities would have any problem with you using
a GPS receiver elsewhere in China. I can't see why they SHOULD,
but then common sense never applies to such questions, anywhere.

Bob M.

Old April 13th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Spehro Pefhany

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 18:23:08 GMT, the renowned "Bob Myers"
wrote:

"selena" wrote in message
. com...
Dieter Aaaa:
You can use GPS system in Shanghai. But I don't know if it is OK
in the rest of China.

The GPS system works basically worldwide (well, at least in just
about any location you're likely to be visiting; as I recall, near
the Poles it becomes difficult).

I can't answer this, of course, if the question is whether or not
the local authorities would have any problem with you using
a GPS receiver elsewhere in China. I can't see why they SHOULD,
but then common sense never applies to such questions, anywhere.

Bob M.

As well as possible local regulations, a friend had (technical)
trouble using his GPS in Bangladesh a couple of years ago. Perhaps due
to jamming of the signal during India-Pakistan tension?

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Old April 13th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Bob Myers

"Spehro Pefhany" wrote in message
= As well as possible local regulations, a friend had (technical)
trouble using his GPS in Bangladesh a couple of years ago. Perhaps due
to jamming of the signal during India-Pakistan tension?

Possibly; from a strictly technical standpoint, they wouldn't
be that hard to jam. On the other hand, the problems your
friend had may not have had anything to do with the location
he was in at the time.

One word of advice - an external antenna is STRONGLY
recommended, especially if trying to use a GPS in urban
areas.

Bob M.