Palau sports bars

Old December 16th, 2003, 02:20 PM
dl004d

Default Palau sports bars

Are there any places in Palau that will air the NFL playoffs in
January? Obviously, the time difference would be an issue, but I'm
curious if there are any "sports bars" in Koror.
Old December 16th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Greg Mossman

"dl004d" wrote in message
om...
Are there any places in Palau that will air the NFL playoffs in
January? Obviously, the time difference would be an issue, but I'm
curious if there are any "sports bars" in Koror.

If it's that important to be able to see fat old millionaires throwing
around a ball, perhaps you're best off staying at home on your couch.

But if you must, the Rock Island Cafe is probably your best bet.

Old December 16th, 2003, 05:37 PM
William Rampartson

Default Bonai Where to watch football

"Greg Mossman" wrote in message
"dl004d" wrote in message
om...
Are there any places in Palau that will air the NFL playoffs in
January? Obviously, the time difference would be an issue, but I'm
curious if there are any "sports bars" in Koror.

If it's that important to be able to see fat old millionaires throwing
around a ball, perhaps you're best off staying at home on your couch.

But if you must, the Rock Island Cafe is probably your best bet.

Have been going to Bonaire for years but beside Rendevous have not found
another bar/restaurant that carries the NFL. Anyone know of a another
resort/bar/hotel etc. where one can go and watch NFL games.

Old December 16th, 2003, 09:15 PM
Dillon Pyron

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 10:37:37 -0700, "William Rampartson"
wrote:

"Greg Mossman" wrote in message
"dl004d" wrote in message
om...
Are there any places in Palau that will air the NFL playoffs in
January? Obviously, the time difference would be an issue, but I'm
curious if there are any "sports bars" in Koror.

If it's that important to be able to see fat old millionaires throwing
around a ball, perhaps you're best off staying at home on your couch.

But if you must, the Rock Island Cafe is probably your best bet.

Have been going to Bonaire for years but beside Rendevous have not found
another bar/restaurant that carries the NFL. Anyone know of a another
resort/bar/hotel etc. where one can go and watch NFL games.

Good god, you're there to dive, not watch football. You can do that
at home.

Now, if it was F1 :-)
--
dillon

Life is always short, but only you can make it sweet
Old December 16th, 2003, 09:50 PM
William Rampartson

"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message

Good god, you're there to dive, not watch football.

Where'd you get that idea? Our stay on Bonaire will include diving along
with other activities (hopefully some football). This is a family vacation
and the rest of mine will do no more than 2 or 3 dives per day, and I limit
myself to their limit so we can enjoy other things together. Hell, I love
laying in the sun, drinking a cooling refreshment and reading a cheap novel.

I'll get my full dose of diving mid-January in Thailand on Ocean Rover. It
looks like 50 to 60 dives on that trip.

You can do that at home.

No I can't, I'll be on Bonaire :^)

Now, if it was F1 :-)

Actually you can get some recorded F1 on TV on Bonaire. I use it to fall
asleep. Bernie has done quite well for himself selling an unimaginative
product that shackles otherwise great drivers in the world's best race cars.

(Well maybe, second best cars to Le Mans.)

I have always imagined Ecclestone is descended from PT Barnum. But then I
don't know that Barnum could have fooled the public in quite the same way
Bernie has.

Old December 16th, 2003, 11:06 PM
Bill Reese

Greg Mossman wrote in message ...
"dl004d" wrote in message
. com...
Are there any places in Palau that will air the NFL playoffs in
January? Obviously, the time difference would be an issue, but I'm
curious if there are any "sports bars" in Koror.

FYI the Palu Pacific has a fairly complete set of San Francisco
stations playing on the in room TVs -ONE WEEK DELAYED-
The first time I was there I didn't realize there was a one week
delay and for a while believed that the floods which were going
on around me when I left were still continuing! So, if you don't
mind the week delay you can see them at the regular time.
Bill

Old December 18th, 2003, 06:48 PM
dl004d

Rock Island Cafe. Gotcha, thanks.
Old December 22nd, 2003, 06:32 PM
dl004d

Thanks. That's funny about the week-delay. I wonder why they need to
do that. I'll ask around -- I hope SOMEONE has the NFL Playoffs.
Old December 23rd, 2003, 02:06 AM
Greg Mossman

"dl004d" wrote in message
om...
Thanks. That's funny about the week-delay. I wonder why they need to
do that. I'll ask around -- I hope SOMEONE has the NFL Playoffs.

The week delay is only for U.S. network TV (which they receive on
videotape), probably due to some licensing restrictions. Satellite TV is
real-time.

"95% of Palau households have cable television through a fibre optic network
covering the major islands of the country (Koror, Babeldaob, Peleliu). No
local or regional television is broadcast in Palau. Cable programming
consists of six USA mainland channels broadcast through videotape with a
6-day delay as well as real-time satellite channels such as CNN, Cartoon
Network, ESPN and others."

www.unesco.org