Paris Airport Charles De Gaulle CDG

Old September 28th, 2003, 05:53 AM
Lyle Burnett

Default Paris Airport Charles De Gaulle CDG

I went through Paris CDG last week on the way to Hamburg Germany. I thought
I'd post my experience for information.
I flew Delta from Atlanta to Paris CDG, flight 22. It was a Boeing 777 with
the coach seats arranged as 3 by 3 by 3. Not the best accommodations for a
6ft 3 in person but none of them really are.
Arrived in CDG at 9am, about 45 minutes late. We pulled up to the new
terminal E. Its mostly finished but there's still a lot of "finishing"
construction underway. I deplaned and went through passport control. I went
directly from passport control right into the terminal - no customs people
were anywhere in site. My connecting flight was an Air France which was in
terminal 2D. The E terminal had really good signs, in English, leading you
to 2D. What I didn't see was any flight listings to verify my gate and
terminal. I passed through 2E across to 2F and turned left headed to 2D. It
took about 20 minutes to make the hike and I would recommend that over the
bus if you don't mind the walk. The bus just takes longer. When I got to 2D
there were flight listings which provided the gate information. You had to
re-check through security in the vicinity of your gate. In other words they
had about 6 to 8 gates serviced by a security point. Be careful to get into
the right line for the security check that services your gate. The lines
were very long and moved slow. About every few minutes an airline employee
would hustle some passengers to the head of the line which seemed to make
the line never move. Once through I proceeded to my gate and barely made it
on time. Of the people traveling with me (all on different Delta connections
into CDG) all had their luggage "misplaced" - 100% - although it did catch
up to them within 24 hours. If its a short trip carry it on with you.
That was what I experienced. I hope it helps anyone headed through CDG.