What would you put on a ship....

Old March 9th, 2008, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jimbobjoe

Default What would you put on a ship....

Parasailing

JBJ

Old March 9th, 2008, 11:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake " :

.

So... a simple question. *If you were designing a cruise ship, what new
"gimmick", feature, program or attraction would you like to see included?

A big book called a PORT GUIDE- in which passengers can recommend
stores, restaurants, sights, etc.- for ports they have visited. It
sure would be helpfull to future visitors before entering the port!

As long as the lines are getting kickbacks, that will never happen.
Old March 12th, 2008, 05:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Brian K[_2_]

George Leppla wrote:
Rock climbing walls. Self leveling pool tables. Flow riders. Bowling
lanes. Ice skating rinks. Specialty restaurants. These and others are
all innovations that have appeared on cruise ships in the past ten years.

So... a simple question. If you were designing a cruise ship, what new
"gimmick", feature, program or attraction would you like to see included?

I'll start us off.....

A roller coaster. Imagine a roller coaster that roars around the top
decks of the ship and in one area... soars out over the water, 15
stories above the sea.

In a National Geographic mag, I once saw a research ship with an
underwater observatory in the ship. So something like that would be
cool where you could have a snack, a drink and watch dolphins riding the
bow shock wave...or maybe some fish.
Old March 12th, 2008, 03:00 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:56:30 -0400, Neal Eckhardt
wrote:

On Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:54:36 -0400, Brian K
wrote:

In a National Geographic mag, I once saw a research ship with an
underwater observatory in the ship. So something like that would be
cool where you could have a snack, a drink and watch dolphins riding the
bow shock wave...or maybe some fish.

WOW! That will never happen, but it sure sounds cool.

Hi Neal & Brian,

There is a below water-line window to do just as you wish on the Star
Clipper. I recall enjoying that feature on one of my sailings.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Old March 12th, 2008, 06:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

Who the hell wants to bowling on a cruise...bowling went out with the hula
hops, (and I'm a senior!)

Old March 12th, 2008, 07:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

"Brian K" wrote in message

George Leppla wrote:

Rock climbing walls. Self leveling pool tables. Flow riders. Bowling
lanes. Ice skating rinks. Specialty restaurants. These and others are
all innovations that have appeared on cruise ships in the past ten years.

So... a simple question. If you were designing a cruise ship, what new
"gimmick", feature, program or attraction would you like to see included?

I'll start us off.....

A roller coaster. Imagine a roller coaster that roars around the top
decks of the ship and in one area... soars out over the water, 15 stories
above the sea.

In a National Geographic mag, I once saw a research ship with an
underwater observatory in the ship. So something like that would be cool
where you could have a snack, a drink and watch dolphins riding the bow
shock wave...or maybe some fish.

A great idea for when the ship is in port or
slowly cruising. When steaming at normal speed (
20 knots or so) the fish would be streaming by so
fast you wouldn't even have time to say "Hello."

Of course, somebody would have to clean the darn
thing daily, both inside and out, and given the
history of cabin window cleaning on most lines. it
would be covered in stuff in a couple of days.

I really like the idea proposed earlier of a
really high tech "movie studio" with High
Definition video, surround sound, and really
comfortable seating, possibly with the speakers
built into the seats.

Cheers,
John in LALALand (On the Left Coast)