children on carnival cruise

Old April 19th, 2008, 10:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie[_2_]

Default children on carnival cruise

Marsha wrote:
Rosalie B. wrote:

Particularly since the OP was the grandmother snip

grandma Rosalie

How do you know it was the grandmother and not the grandfather?

Marsha/Ohio

Most Grandmothers do not have the name "Ronald" so
I think it just might have been Grandpa.

A five year old on a Carnival ship will find lots
of activities to keep him busy and amused.

The parents clearly have to work out the
situation. A two week trip is a "looong trip" for
a first timer.

It might be much better to do a three or four day
cruise first, to "test the waters." Lots of kids
who are sickly and wimpy become quite a bit
stronger in a different environment, but two weeks
is way too long.

However, if he does not want to go, it will be a
big waste and hassle on everyone's part.

Been there, done it, got the Tee-shirt,
John in LALALand
Old April 19th, 2008, 11:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

J Carnaghie wrote:
Marsha wrote:
Rosalie B. wrote:

Particularly since the OP was the grandmother snip

grandma Rosalie

How do you know it was the grandmother and not the grandfather?

Marsha/Ohio

Most Grandmothers do not have the name "Ronald" so
I think it just might have been Grandpa.

Many women post using their husband's account and don't bother to
change the name. If it is the grandfather and not the grandmother
he's kind of a weird grandfather and sounds very much on the female
side of the emotional equation. .

* the thing is my daughter or me wouldn't care at all if he
* went ...
*Does anyone have an
* opinion on weather he should be forced or should his dad wait until he
* gets a little older or should my grandson,the only one I have decides if
* he wants to go or not.VERY WORRIED

snip

It might be much better to do a three or four day
cruise first, to "test the waters." Lots of kids
who are sickly and wimpy become quite a bit
stronger in a different environment, but two weeks
is way too long.

I would agree with that especially at this age.

However, if he does not want to go, it will be a
big waste and hassle on everyone's part.

Been there, done it, got the Tee-shirt,
John in LALALand

If his mom and grandparent (of whichever sex - although I still think
it is the grandmother) keep telling him that he is sickly and he
doesn't want to go and he will be afraid and he won't be able to
spend the night away from his mommy without crying, then OF COURSE he
won't want to go. And he may really not want to go - he may be going
through a period of separation anxiety because of the divorce or
separation or whatever.

I also wonder why the father wants to take him on a 2 week cruise?
Have we heard from "Ronald" again? Possibly it is a troll.
Old April 20th, 2008, 12:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Sometimes the grandparents should have a say,maybe they are helping to
raise the child.

cruise lover

Old April 20th, 2008, 12:26 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LJ

"Ronald Daugherty" wrote in message
I have a grandchild that is six years old has a lot of medical problems,
has a fever quiet often,has had tubes put in his ears not long ago,gets
sick at his stomach easily,can't stay away from his mother overnight
without crying,but her ex wants to take him on a carnival cruise for
two weeks ,the thing is my daughter or me wouldn't care at all if he
went if only he was a little older and not so sick all the time.I Like
my ex. son in-law and I know he loves his son very very much .The boy
doesn't want to go,but the father insist that he go.Does anyone have an
opinion on weather he should be forced or should his dad wait until he
gets a little older or should my grandson,the only one I have decides if
he wants to go or not.VERY WORRIED

I raised my now 20 y/o son virtually on my own with the help of my parents
from the time my son was a year old. His father was in his life--he paid
child support and got vistation, but he was mostly my responsibilty. So I
know a bit about a child of divorce and all it entails.

It *does* sound like the grandparent that posted has anxiety and that
anxiety has spilled over to the child. The anxiety may be justified; may
not....but it is there. Just from what was posted, the tubes in the ears,
upset tummy and ocassional fever could be any 6 y/o!

I know how it feels to send your only child off with a less than responsible
parent. Actually, my son's father was not that irresponsible but he was less
attentive than I was or my parents were, and he tended to think of himself
before anything else. Sending my son off with him was almost unbearable, but
he was my son's father and my son needed to spend time with him. So I HAD to
put my feelings and apprehension aside, smile and let him go. This was not
an easy task.

Then when my son was 14, my son went with his father and step-mother to
England for 2.5 weeks. I ahted it but would not deprive my son of the
experience and opportunity to travel. He *was* homesick and still hates
anything to do with the UK, but he went! I told him for years that he would
appreciate the trip when he was older, he tells me now that he still doesnt
and I tell him he still must not be old enough!!

But, basically, my point is: Send the child off and tell him it will be
wonderful and he will have a good time, etc, etc. (Then, while he is gone DO
SOMETHING, ANYTHING to keep your mind off of him being gone and how he is.)
He will be fine, and he will have a good time or he will learn to deal with
his anxiety on his own rather than cry for his mother. His father may learn
a bit more about parenting as well.

Old April 21st, 2008, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jimbobjoe

Rosalie B. mentioned "RED CHINA."

It was and still is just China!

JBJ

Old April 21st, 2008, 02:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

(jimbobjoe) wrote:

Rosalie B. mentioned "RED CHINA."

It was and still is just China!

OK Communist China
Old April 22nd, 2008, 12:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
jimbobjoe

Does Rosalie call North Korea, Red North Korea or Communist North Korea
Is Cuba....
Communist Cuba OR Red Cuba?
AND is Vietnam Red Vietnam OR Communist Vietnam?

JBJ

Old April 22nd, 2008, 06:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
bob wald

you think hes sick now.....lol
wait til hes out on a swaying ship for days....lol
bring a cam..we all want video of this....lol
ps, dont sit near him at meals..lol

Old April 22nd, 2008, 05:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
clint

The cow anfI sit alone to avoid families with kids(were seniors)
ps, dont sit near him at meals..lol

Old April 22nd, 2008, 11:40 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

ps, dont sit near him at meals..lol

You are the one who is sick....

--