cruise trip report

Old May 13th, 2004, 11:21 PM
Tom & Linda

Default cruise trip report

"L.Hachey" wrote in message
news:_nLoc.438707$Pk3.368427@pd7tw1no...
I know where I am, I didn't know what the RTC stood for. Didn't know it
stood for the group.

YOu are quite hostile. Is there a reason for this? Could I be taking
possible customers away from you?

She's retired.

--Tom

Old May 13th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Tom & Linda

"L.Hachey" wrote in message
Just want a straight answer? I have always given you straight answers. I
have never NOT given you a straight answer. I have absolutely NOTHING to
hide. Ask me any question you want, and I will give you an answer.

I'll ask a question.

Did you bother to read the charter before posting here?

Did you read what is specifically prohibited?

--Tom

Old May 13th, 2004, 11:24 PM
L.Hachey

That's absolutely not true!! Where would you get THAT idea??

"Kathryn Ann McCormick" wrote in message
Once I found the right web address I found that most of her reviews were
contributed by her advertisers.

L.Hachey wrote:
I'm sure you've had a typo or two in your lifetime?

Like I said, if you don't like it, you don't have to take part.

Does cruisereviews pay for your reviews? Does cruisecritics pay for your
reviews?

Wow, flamers unite.

L.Hachey.
www.MyTripReport.com

"Kathryn Ann McCormick" wrote in message

L.Hachey couldn't be a professional. He/She can't even get his/her web
site name right in his/her own signature.

Oh, and by the way, my reviews ARE my work, and I OWN THEM. You say all
your contributors are happy about your site. How many NON-contributors
like it?

L.Hachey wrote:

And I gave you an honest answer. This isn't peoples' "work". These

are
peoples' reports. People write these reports TYPICALLY to share with

others

for the means of HELPING others to plan their trips.

I'm wondering..how do you earn YOUR money? Do you work in a

restaurant?

You

feed people and earn money for it? Oh, the humanity! Or do you work in

hospital? You fix peoples' illnesses and charge for it? Oh the

humanity!
Get the picture? Everybody makes a living somehow, and I'm not living

off

the dole, welfare, or something else. I'm working hard to earn a

living

by

creating a service that is worthwhile to people. Am I earning a living

by

creating porn sites or by doing something illegal or immoral? No. So

why

all the flack about it? Geez.

L. Hachey.
www.MyReportTrip.com

PS. No, I don't pay my contributors, all of my contributors so far

have
been MORE than happy to share their reports with me, in fact they have

loved

the idea of my site and of having their reports on the site where they

can

send their family and friends to read it. I have never once received

such a

hostile reply such as yours.

"CupCaked" wrote in message

I never said it was "bothersome" or that I was "offended." I just
wanted an honest answer about your using other peoples' work on a site
you earn money from.

Do you pay your contributors?

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on

here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I

apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

"CupCaked" wrote in message
.. .

Sorry, ignore my earlier post. You answered my question. Your site
is a commercial site.

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, I agree, this is an excellent question.

As you can see by visiting my site, a lot of time and effort has

gone

into

creating and maintaining my site. I have spent close to six months

creating

it, and I do generate a very small amount of money from advertising

income.

Somewhere around $2 US a day, in fact. So I"m not getting rich! =)

Basically, I'm a mom at home with kids, just trying to make a

living

while

also trying to stay home. Just like any other person. I've created

service that I hope will benefit others, while at the same time I

hope

that

perhaps I may make a few dollars from advertisers so that I can

make

this

my

job. And in the end I may not. But still, the service is there

for

others.

I"m not trying to be dishonest or deceiving in anyway. I like to

travel

also, and I like to cruise, and I really see this as a service

others

could

find useful.

If you don't find it useful, you don't have to take part.

Thanks,
L.Hachey.

"Cruising Chrissy" wrote in message
news:31r4a0dn5ogv3rh3dgr7438kn8jkueeu54@4ax .com...

On Wed, 12 May 2004 16:43:21 GMT, "L.Hachey"
wrote:

If you have any questions about me or my site, feel free to ask

and

will

answer. I'm not a travel agent or anything, just so you know.

L.Hachey
www.MyTripReport.com

Do you make money off your site?

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.cupcaked.com/reviews
(...and leave off the "potatoes" to e-mail)

__ /7__/7__/7__
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::. ..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that

any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on

here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I

apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

.. .

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, I agree, this is an excellent question.

As you can see by visiting my site, a lot of time and effort has

gone

into

creating and maintaining my site. I have spent close to six

months

creating

it, and I do generate a very small amount of money from

advertising

income.

Somewhere around $2 US a day, in fact. So I"m not getting rich!

=)

Basically, I'm a mom at home with kids, just trying to make a

living

while

also trying to stay home. Just like any other person. I've

created a

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that

any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on

here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I

apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

.. .

"L.Hachey" wrote:

Yes, it is "commercial". Is that bothersome in some way? Is that

any
different than the other "commercial" sites that are advertised on

here

on a

regular basis by the travel agents?

I believe I was very honest and forthright about it. Again, I

apologise

if

I offended you. It was not my intent.

L. Hachey

.. .

Old May 13th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Kathryn Ann McCormick

Default cruise trip report and FAQ last posted 5/1/04

rec.travel.cruises
(unmoderated)

CHARTER

Rec.travel.cruises is a forum whose purpose is to provide information
and support to cruise ship travellers. Discussion might include (but not
be limited to) the relative merits of the various cruise ships and
lines, ports of embarkation, ports of call, shore excursions, cruise
ship activities, cuisine, entertainment, cruise ship personnel, cruise
ship management and the future of cruise ship travel. Discussions
related to getting the best deals on cruises will be highly welcome.
Such discussions might include early vs. late bookings, money back
guarantees, cruise protection insurance, the use of general vs. cruise
specific travel agencies and strategies for booking your own cruises.
Any topic that relates to cruise ship travel and the cruise industry
itself could be subject for discussion. In addition, discussion will be
allowed on the history of cruise ship and ocean liner travel.

Rec.travel.cruises will:

1. Help the traveller make an informed decision in how to book a
cruise without the pressure of a travel agent (travel agents are welcome
to the group and are encouraged to participate in the discussion
provided that there shall be no overt solicitation of business within
postings).

2. Provide the new cruiser with the benefit of the experience of
veteran cruises.

3. Provide the new cruiser with information as to what to expect once
he or she actually arrives on the ship ready to sail. Such topics as
cruise ship dress codes, dining room traditions, shopping, booking shore
excursions and tipping are all topics that the first time cruiser needs
to be familiar with.

An FTP site will be maintained for related rec.travel.cruises files.
These files will include a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's).
Members of the newsgroup who go on cruises will be asked to write
reviews of their experiences. These cruise reviews will be stored at the
FTP site and will serve as a very valuable resource to anyone looking
into sailing on the same ship or itinerary. In addition, a comprehensive
listing of all cruise ships and lines will be maintained as part of the
FAQ's.

In summary, rec.travel.cruises encourages the free and open discussion
on all aspects of cruise ship travel. Justifiable criticism of specific
cruise ships and lines will be welcome up to the point of becoming
personal vendettas against a specific ship or line. Users are strongly
urged to keep messages of a confrontational or argumentative nature to a
minimum. Finally, it is requested that articles posted to
rec.travel.cruises not be crossposted to rec.travel or the other travel
newsgroups.

End of Charter

Link to the FAQ ---

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/faq.htm

Link to the Cruise Review Archives since the FTP site mentioned in our
charter bit the dust many moons ago ---

http://www.seacruisereviews.com

Link to the Group cruise pages ---

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/rtcgroupcruises.htm

Link to the RTC History --- for your bedtime reading pleasure

http://www.seacruisereviews.com/rtchistory.htm
--
Seacruise http://www.seacruisechat.com
Canal Cam Schedule http://www.seacruisechat.com/panamacanal/

Strange but True:
1) California law prohibits a woman from driving a car while dressed in
a housecoat.
2) In Utah, birds have the right of way on any public highway.

Old May 14th, 2004, 12:03 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

rec.travel.cruises
(unmoderated)
CHARTER

Any particular reason you posted this twice?

Old May 14th, 2004, 12:24 AM
Kathryn Ann McCormick

I tried to also send it (cc) to the OP, but Netscape farted and told me
I couldn't, so I sent it again. Shameful waste of bandwidth. Sorry.

Old May 14th, 2004, 01:14 AM
Eileen Garland

Uh, I just read the charter posted by Kathryn, Tom, and I don't see that
prohibited. Am I missing something?

In a way, it's a moot point anyway; usenet newsgroups originated at a
time when the net was non-commercial, and anything commercial was anathema.

The times they are a-changing.

Eileen

Tom & Linda wrote:

"L.Hachey" wrote in message

Thanks, Chrissy. Of course I do hope to increase my income, as does any
person who works in the world, or almost anyone who creates serviceable
website. But still at the same time I do intend to offer a service to
people. While I understand it's in everyone's nature to be suspicious and
leary these days, I'm not "the man" or "the big corporation" out there to
suck money out of everyone. I"m just the little guy, trying to earn an
honest living like everyone else, working hard trying to do that.

The problem is that the RTC charter prohibits exactly that.

Go work hard somewhere else. Not here. It's not permitted by charter.

--Tom

Old May 14th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Cruising Chrissy

On Thu, 13 May 2004 14:21:39 GMT, "L.Hachey"
wrote:

And I gave you an honest answer. This isn't peoples' "work". These are
peoples' reports. People write these reports TYPICALLY to share with others
for the means of HELPING others to plan their trips.

Truth is, you are a web development company that captures data when
folks visit your website(s)..of which you have many. you then use this
data surreptitiously to entice advertisers to pay you money to be
present on your various websites.

the fact that you are "helpful" is oh so nice but has nothing to do
with your rather hidden agenda(s).

Btw, with respect to security, you claim to always use
industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and
receiving consumer data exchanged with our site.

What exactly are these standards and which ones do you use...I mean
since yo fail to list them.
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Cruising Chrissy

wrote:

Am I earning a living by
creating porn sites or by doing something illegal or immoral? No. So why
all the flack about it? Geez.

You came on a newsgroup which has its own fair share of
spamadvertisers, spamadvertising yourself.

You got your free spamadvertising and now you expect to waltz around
and claim hoe horribly you been treated?

LOL

There are no free lunches.