camping tours to the outback

Old March 27th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Sue

Default camping tours to the outback

I am travelling to Australia in July with three others and we would
like to take a camping tour from Sydney to Alice Springs. Is there
anyone out there who has been on such a tour and can recommend it to
us? I have been searching on the net and have contacted Jarmbie,
Standby Australia and Discover Australia Holidays so far. Thank you.
Old March 29th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Robin Nash

There are many camping tours in and around Alice Springs - most of them
great adventure and fun.
My overall favourite for young adventurous fun is www.adventuretours.com.au
(formally called Northern Territory Adventure Tours)
If you want flexibility of a hop-on, hop-off type tour try the Oz-Experience
Bus Pass - Boob-Tube as this runs Sydney to Alice Springs
Other ones are Wayward Bus - Melbourne to Adelaide & Adelaide to Alice
Springs
Sahara Tours and Austour in Alice Springs are good camping tours for all
ages
Connections or Contiki are great fun for 18-35 (a little pricy, not so
adventurous but a safe bet as big international companies)
YHA - offer unbiased camping tour advise and tend to use these tour
operators.

See www.honatravel.com / Adventure Travel for links to most of these sites

Robin

om...

Old March 29th, 2004, 02:26 AM
Tom Hatfield

On 27 Mar 2004 12:31:48 -0800, (Sue) wrote:

I am travelling to Australia in July with three others and we would
like to take a camping tour from Sydney to Alice Springs.

I would recommend you look at Sahara Tours
www.saharatours.com.au/
and don't take one of the short ones, plan a minimum of five days to
get to see the area. We did this one, and found them to be very good
value for money, and we went to all the major spots in the area
without having to rush too much. They also have some extended tours
that go on up into Darwin if I remember correctly.

The best part of this company is that the price includes everything
except alcohol, and they made stops for you to buy your own along the
way.

Tom
Old March 30th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Sparks

"Raffi Balmanoukian" a
schreef in bericht
news:BC8BA2C8.225B7%walkabout@TAKEOUTTHETRASHTOREP LY.ns.sympatico.ca...

Once you get to the Alice, I can recommend Northern Territory Adventure
Tours for the various options around the centre, if they are of the

quality
they were in '98. That's pretty dated, I know, but the competition is
fierce so the fact they're still around must say something.

I took a 7 day 4WD tour with them in September 2003 and they were of very
good quality!
I can recommend Adventure Tours for sure!
http://www.adventuretours.com.au

gr,

Sparks