leaving cruise early

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tippi

Default leaving cruise early

Is it possible to leave a cruise early? i.e. disembarking at the port
before the final destination.
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Tippi wrote:
Is it possible to leave a cruise early? i.e. disembarking at the port
before the final destination.

In most cases the answer would be NO, but there are so many variables
here. Your best bet to find out if "you" can, is to have your travel
agent ask the cruise line.

sue
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 10:58:43 -0800 (PST), Tippi
wrote:

Is it possible to leave a cruise early? i.e. disembarking at the port
before the final destination.

Hi Tippi,

It depends on several factors but permission must be arranged ahead of
time. I often do this for my clients. You should ask your travel
agent to make these arrangements.
--
Ray Goldenberg 800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
Lighthouse Travel http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tippi

Thanks for the fast replies. This is regarding a Panama Canal cruise
from Acapulco to Miami. A friend would like to come but he cannot
enter the US, so he wants to see if he can stop in Jamaica. Will ask
Travel agent.

Old January 18th, 2010, 08:35 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gettamulla Tupya[_2_]

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:49:45 -0800 (PST), Tippi wrote:

Thanks for the fast replies. This is regarding a Panama Canal cruise
from Acapulco to Miami. A friend would like to come but he cannot
enter the US, so he wants to see if he can stop in Jamaica. Will ask
Travel agent.

Might have trouble booking if it is a US ship.

Old January 18th, 2010, 09:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Gettamulla
Tupya wrote:

Might have trouble booking if it is a US ship.

They have to send the manifest to the US government since a US port is
on the itinerary. So he could get to Acapulco port and be denied or
have a problem boarding. There could be complications involved even if
they get off early. If the reason for not being able to enter the US is
a criminal matter the cruise line likely won't want to carry.

--
Charles
Old January 19th, 2010, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tippi[_2_]

On Jan 18, 4:10*pm, Charles wrote:
In article , Gettamulla

Tupya wrote:
Might have trouble booking if it is a US ship.

They have to send the manifest to the US government since a US port is
on the itinerary. So he could get to Acapulco port and be denied or
have a problem boarding. There could be complications involved even if
they get off early. If the reason for not being able to enter the US is
a criminal matter the cruise line likely won't want to carry.

--
Charles

He was on RCCL on a Med cruise and it was fine, but maybe we'd better
not risk it if it includes a US port. thanks
Old January 24th, 2010, 04:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

[Default] Thus spake Tippi :

Tupya wrote:
Might have trouble booking if it is a US ship.

They have to send the manifest to the US government since a US port is
on the itinerary. So he could get to Acapulco port and be denied or
have a problem boarding. There could be complications involved even if
they get off early. If the reason for not being able to enter the US is
a criminal matter the cruise line likely won't want to carry.

--
Charles

He was on RCCL on a Med cruise and it was fine, but maybe we'd better
not risk it if it includes a US port. thanks

The Med doesn't have the same issues. As Charles says, the TSA can
say "NO" even if he does plan to get off early.
--

- dillon I am not invalid

I love my country, It's my government I fear.

Hey, turnabout's fair play.