EU ranks among the poorest of U.S. States

Old August 4th, 2004, 07:51 AM
The Reids

Default EU ranks among the poorest of U.S. States

Following up to me

Of course the crisis will come first....

Lets hope "the crisis" is not irreversible.
--
Mike Reid
If god wanted us to be vegetarians he wouldn't have made animals out of meat.

Old August 4th, 2004, 07:51 AM
The Reids

Following up to a.spencer3

Far too humid, if I seem to remember!

London is far too humid for me at the moment, humidity is the
climatic factor I dislike most.

Old August 4th, 2004, 08:06 AM
David Horne

The Reids wrote:

Following up to a.spencer3

Far too humid, if I seem to remember!

London is far too humid for me at the moment, humidity is the
climatic factor I dislike most.

It's the one that tends to make me the most uncomfortable, but the
combination of heat and humidity rarely gets too bad for me in the UK.
Before my recent visit to NY, I hadn't been in the US during the summer
for two years, and I'd begun to forget just how humid it feels by
comparison. The minute you leave the airport it hits you- though I'd
argue that the American penchant for over-airconditioning buildings
makes the difference more marked...

David

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:57 PM
me

The Reids wrote in message . ..
Following up to me

Of course the crisis will come first....

Lets hope "the crisis" is not irreversible.

London's air got pretty foul before it was "clean up".
That's probably less "reversible" than it is "recoverable".
The air is still polluted, but in a less objectionable
way. They didn't "go back" to a previous state, they
merely went forward to a new stable point. Most processes
in nature are relatively irreversible. Death being an
integral part of nature tends to interfere with reversibility.
That doesn't mean things can't get "better". It's just
that it tends to get "worse" first. Regionalism tends to
allow (or cause) it to be getting better in one place while
it gets worse in others. I suspect with water and air it
will tend to work like this.

Old August 5th, 2004, 05:49 AM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

The Reids wrote:

Following up to a.spencer3

Far too humid, if I seem to remember!

London is far too humid for me at the moment, humidity is the
climatic factor I dislike most.

My main reason for moving to California! (Although I wasn't sorry to
leave Minnesota's cold winters behind, either.) Unfotunately, the more
the population here grows (with the resultant increases in "landscaping"
and swimming pools) the more humid our once dry summers become.