Bus tour from Cairns to Sidney

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:04 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default Bus tour from Cairns to Sidney

Can anyone tell me if there are busses going from Cairns to Sidney, I
like to stop in Whitssynday and Fraser Island.
How long will it take and what is the prices.

Bibbi

Old March 14th, 2007, 10:42 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
David Bennetts

wrote in message
oups.com...
Can anyone tell me if there are busses going from Cairns to Sidney, I
like to stop in Whitssynday and Fraser Island.
How long will it take and what is the prices.

Bibbi

Yes try http://www.greyhound.com.au/default.aspx for buses. There are
also trains - Cairns to Sydney operated by Queensland Rail www.qr.com.au
(Cairns to Brisbane) and Countrylink www.countrylink.info (Brisbane to
Sydney)

Please note it is Sydney, not Sidney, and Whitsunday. The nearest place on
the highway to the Whitsundays is Prosperpine, the wharf is at Airle Beach.
Fraser Island is accessible from Hervey Bay.

Regards

David Bennetts

Old March 14th, 2007, 11:26 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Babett Sauer

you can also go to Fraser Island from Noosa.

We travelled from Cairns to Sydney with the Greyhound as well. And that was
the cheapest option.
I liked it.
You can travel in the night and don't have to look for a bed to sleep

oups.com...

Old March 14th, 2007, 03:11 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:26:07 +0100, "Babett Sauer"
wrote:

you can also go to Fraser Island from Noosa.

We travelled from Cairns to Sydney with the Greyhound as well. And that was
the cheapest option.
I liked it.
You can travel in the night and don't have to look for a bed to sleep

That must have made the "Sightseeing" a real treat !!

roups.com...