FT: Is the world falling out of love with US brands?

Old December 31st, 2004, 09:13 AM
The Reids

Following up to Doug McDonald

Three reasons people drink Coca Cola:

1) it's delicious

Er, no, its sugary fizz
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Eat-walk-Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap
Old December 31st, 2004, 09:13 AM
The Reids

Following up to Doug McDonald

Three reasons people drink Coca Cola:

1) it's delicious

Er, no, its sugary fizz
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Eat-walk-Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap
Old December 31st, 2004, 09:13 AM
The Reids

Following up to Doug McDonald

have far less of than people in say, Europe .... envy.
We always find your rationalizations for your poverty
interesting.

Nobody admires or envys the US any more and only stupid right
wing Americans think we are poor.

The replication of such consumerism elsewhere and the desire for the
current american lifestyle, as expressed above, can only be
detrimental to our future and to individual cultures. However would
it be fair to deny others the luxuries we have enjoyed for years? I
don't think so. So IMO, the only correct solution is for all of us
to moderate our consumption

Standard leftist blather. The correct solution is to work harder
and become prosperous.

How will that reduce consumption and pollution to supportable
levels?

Old December 31st, 2004, 09:13 AM
The Reids

Following up to Wolfgang Schwanke

Young people world wide sweat their asses off in American blue jeans
and ridiculously hot sport shoes because they are trying to emulate
Americans.

I've been wearing jeans and trainers most of my life, but I never thought
of it as "wanting to be like Americans". I'm European, and never wanted
to be anything else. I wore blue jeans because it was fashionable,
comfortable, easy, cheap, etc.

Yep, jeans were the first cotton trousers round here. A good idea
as are trainers. I never thought of them as "American" and
certainly dont wear them to emulate Americans, if I wanted to do
that I would buy a giant SUV and put on 10 stone in weight, then
post right wing crap to ngs.

Old December 31st, 2004, 09:13 AM
The Reids

Following up to Kuacou

the President
cannot "lock any one up he wants indefinitely". Only Muslims and
furriners. They have no constitutional rights anyway;

that's alright then!

Old December 31st, 2004, 09:29 AM
The Reids

Following up to JohnT

1) It is disgusting.

Agreed.

2) In the US, you may have carbonated beer, but it rarely happens in the
real World. And what is champaign?

Lager and kegged beers are carbonated, proper British beer isnt,
of course. Like British beer, champagne is of course naturally
carbonated, a subtle process, perhaps not easily appreciated by
fans of Coca-Cola.

3) Water is non-alcoholic and tastes a lot better.

Agreed.